Bluetooth Headset Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Headset Recommendations?

Okay, I'm looking for a bluetooth headset recommendation. I would like those who have used or know someone who has used to reply.

My top pick is the Jawbone by Aliph (the new one) and I've demo'd it recently. It is very nice but at the cost of $120.

I would like to get other BT headset opinions possibly ones that cost less.

I would use the BT headset for conversation on my mobile phone. Secondary is with my computer on 2142.

I would like it to have noise cancellation, active preferred. I know wind will be a problem for most. I can deal with wind, even a tornado in my face. But other background noises (loud train, plane, etc.) I don't want to have.

I also want a comfortable fit that I can wear for many hours. Battery indication (sound or light) is also preferred.

And the following:
    I have looked at the Plantronics Voyager 510. Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875978036

According to PCMag and other reviews, it has noise cancellation. But NewEgg reviews counter it. Why?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Bluetooth Headset Recommendations?

Good thread with a lot of options here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ot-gaming.html
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Does anyone use bluetooth headsets for gaming? I guess you would need one for each ear?

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
        Does anyone use bluetooth headsets for gaming? I guess you would need one for each ear?
        I used to use it for gaming but only Teamspeak. Game sounds would still be routed to my speakers while Teamspeak was routed to the BT headset. It wouldn't be useful to have game sounds go to the BT headset.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
          I use one just as my mic. I route the sound to my speakers for the game.

I have also done like Sarc, and routed sound from TS to the headset. It's pretty cool doing it that way. I may start back to doing that.

Comment

the motorola bt820 headset rocks. able to go 14 hrs on a charge. full stereo ad2p profile. built in mic. audible beep on low batt. no noise cancelling, but they cover the ear and are loud enough that you really don't need it. I hook mine up to my computer and my phone at the same time... ALSO, there is an analog 1/8" stereo input jack if you don't want to hook up BT or if you just want to plug in to a non-BT device.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X