Vonage Router Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vonage Router Issues

This is for the WRTP54G Linksys Vonage Router.

Thought I would post a recent problem I had and the solution to what appeared to be my vonage router dying. Last week I started to notice really bad ping times and even dropped connections with the internet. Since I was losing phone connection too I thought that the router was just going bad.

As one last test I thought I would update the firmware just to make sure and then I remembered Vonage pushes updates automagically to the router. So I did some searching and found other people having issues with the latest firmware update (5.xx.xx can't remember the last two something like 01.04?). The posted solution was to have vonage restore the firmware to the previous version. After a week of flakey connections I'm back to gaming online again.

During the process they have you reset your router so make sure you write down and settings you might want to restore.

Hope this helps someone else.
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Re: Vonage Router Issues

Thanks for the heads up, I use that router too. BTW, do you notice that when you're gaming, you get a lag spike when there's an incoming call?
    "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
    EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
    PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Re: Vonage Router Issues

Hmm, I haven't noticed that but then again I usually play later in the evening and don't get many calls then.
      flux
      [tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...