Outlook Express HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express HELP!!!

I dont know why but i cannot view my emails in outlook express...

I d/l them but once i go to open them i get a message saying not enough memory...

which has to be bogus considering i have 1gig of ram...

what the hell is happening.
    I ran a full system virus check it came up with 1 virus in my teamspeak folder and it deleted it.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be??

Re: Outlook Express HELP!!!

The only thing I can think of is the size allocation of windows profiles.

They tend to do nasty things when the profile folder gets unseemly large.

By default, the .pst's are stored under the user profile, maybe there's just too many mails downloaded to that file? Maybe archive a bunch of it off elsewhere.

Oh, and the TS .dll is a false positive, you can d/ld the new version to replace that file.

good luck..

Oh.. and ditch outlook express asap. ;)

Comment

How are you fixed on hard drive space?

Comment

It's not really "fixed", but the way windows stores profile information inside user.dat that makes things unhappy. If it gets too big, winders acts goofy.

Having stuff outside of the profile directory (c:docs&settings/users) helps alleviate it.

Outlook defaults into the profile folder, I usually try to stroe it elsewhere. I've seen PCs take big craps becasue of really big profiles... Tons of movies on the desktop, in mydocuments, all that jazz, will push the limits of windows eventually.

Comment

What's wrong with outlook express? I use it and I love it.. It gives me my home account and msn's hotmail account, all 1 one, very easy. Click and button and it's there :)

Comment

Originally posted by fr1j0l3
            Oh.. and ditch outlook express asap. ;)
            Oh??

And goto ?? At this point, I'd be willing to try something new, as long as I can access multiple acct's with it... what's good at the moment ?

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
              Oh??

And goto ?? At this point, I'd be willing to try something new, as long as I can access multiple acct's with it... what's good at the moment ?
              Eudora is the very first smtp/pop mail program that I ever used. I was happy with it then. I think Apophis still uses it, whether it's the same 1994 version that I used, or a more recent version, I don't know... :icon_razz
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Mozilla and Mozilla mail.

Multiple account support, junk mail filtering and more.

Been using it since V1. :icon12:
                I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

I use Outlook 2002 wich came with Office XP I like it better then Outlook Express it seems to be much more stable. It is a bit confusing to set it al up quite right. Also another good program is Incridemail But I stopped using it cause ever time someone sent me a pick it would crash.....

Comment

i use and love outlook express.. :) love it. junkmail filter (for me atleast) and multiple acconnt support.. i love it :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X