My latest upgrade..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest upgrade..

Now that I am officially cut off from spending any more money on my computer (per the wife) I have a pic for you all…..

Here is what my latest upgrade got me to:

Case : ThermalTake Armor
    CPU: Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.05Ghz
    Motherboard : NVidia NForce 680i SLI
    GPUs: 2 x BFG 7900s @ 533Mhz core & 798Mhz memory (SLI Baby!)
    Memory: 4 GB Corsair XMS 6400C4Pro
    Hard Drives: 2 x WD 150 Raptors (RAID 0), 2 x WD 74 Raptors (RAID 0), 1x 320 Seagate, 1 X 1TB WD MyBook USB
    Cooling: Water cooling on CPU and GPUs
    Mouse: Razer Copperhead w/eXact Mat
    Keyboard: Logitech G15

Oh yeah, and a couple lights....
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: My latest upgrade..

I see you went for the budget PC :icon19:

Nice!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I'll give you 2$ for it.

Comment

That is the craziest looking computer I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
          That is the craziest looking computer I have ever seen.
          http://www3.uark.edu/bkst/pumpkin/

Now these are the craziest computers you've ever seen.

Comment

You can only get the Q6600 to 3GHZ with water cooling? I thought they were more overclockable...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
              You can only get the Q6600 to 3GHZ with water cooling? I thought they were more overclockable...
              Oh I can go a lot higher. I am doing a week with each setting, this way to sorta chart stability and heat, right now under full load with it overclocked I am maybe hitting 32 dergrees on a hot and humid day. I am hoping to mess with it over the long weekend to bump it up allot more. My goal is somewhere around 3.6 under 38 degrees under full load. One of the things I am having issues with is messing with the FSB on this board, it has a direct effect on my memory bus. Really a wierd bios, but it just takes some getting used to.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

So that's what a $10,000 computer looks like!! =P

Very nice machine.

Comment

hows the Q6600 perform? In was considering upgrading from my e6400 to it, but I probably wouldn't gain much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
                    hows the Q6600 perform? In was considering upgrading from my e6400 to it, but I probably wouldn't gain much.
                    I know this sounds bad, but I can't run any benchmarks tests on it yet. There is a issue with 3Dmark, Vista X64, and DirectX10. As far as ingame performance measured by Framerate, looking at around 180FPS with CSS and 100+ when SLI behaves with ArmA. As for other applications, I can run a antivirus scan, a game, email, chat, Media Player 11 and MS Office at the same time without taking any performance hits.

I cannot compare it to a E6400, my last chip was the EE930. I do notice a huge difference in that chip, this one runs a whole lot cooler and it is soo much fater and allot more overclockable (made up word?). I know everybody says that the Q6600 is locked with its multipliers, but this has been the easiest chip in the world to overclock.

Comment

What kind of mortgage did you get for that computer? 30 year fixed or something adjustable?
                      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                      That noob who crashed the chopper.
                      That noob who ran over the mine.
                      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

That's crazy - who needs such a pimped up machine? if I was your wife: 'no more sex for you'. But then who needs sex when you have a machine like this?

Comment

Nice rig, but it leads me to ask....... why SLI'd 7900's? and not an 8800GTS, the 8800GTS would near perform to/outperform the 7900's plus it is likely more stable then SLI

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                            Nice rig, but it leads me to ask....... why SLI'd 7900's? and not an 8800GTS, the 8800GTS would near perform to/outperform the 7900's plus it is likely more stable then SLI
                            Like I said, it was an upgrade. I had to make the choice betwen the cards or the processor/board. The cards are still pumping out some great frame rates. As for the SLI part, once using it, I am sold on SLI.

Now one thing I did notice was that I am drawing a bit o power to run all this crap. I am actually having to run out and get a 1Kw power supply as we speak. I notice that as I crank up some setting I am running into issues. Even the PcApex power Calculator (Link) recommends I have over 930watts of a power supply for the stuff I have inside. I am currently running a 700 and that is not cutting it.

Comment

BigC, can you pay my co-payment to the doctor's for me. It seems that I had a seizure while viewing the photos of your rig.......

:icon26:
                              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X