Dell does linux!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell does linux!

Im kind of surprised that this wasnt posted earlier. Dell will be finally releaseing it s line of desktop and laptop PCs with linux, unbuntu to be exact. I just did a nice little comparison of 2 machine that have the exact same setup and you save about 180bucks by going with a linux machine. Only real difference is the Graphics card, of course the linux box has an nvidia card.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=199701896
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Dell does linux!

Once they realized how much better Beryl/Compiz looked than Vista, they had to.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Zomg.

Dell does Linux. :shock:

:row__735:
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
        Once they realized how much better Beryl/Compiz looked than Vista, they had to.
        I'm looking at installing Beryl now.
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Great news indeed, sucks that it's not available outside the US though.
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
            I'm looking at installing Beryl now.
            I could spend hours just rotating the cube. The coolest thing so far is on my friend's computer: he increased the number of sides on the "cube" to maximum, and made his background image the texture of a halo from Halo. With an outer space background, it looks amazing.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Dell also has the "n" series, where "n" means "no OS". It comes with Free DOS, and you load your own preference of Linux on it.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                Dell also has the "n" series, where "n" means "no OS". It comes with Free DOS, and you load your own preference of Linux on it.
                It's stupid really, Microsoft doesn't let OEMs sell computers without operating systems because it "encourages piracy." Wtf is that about?
                |TG| Lorian
                Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian View Post
                  It's stupid really, Microsoft doesn't let OEMs sell computers without operating systems because it "encourages piracy." Wtf is that about?
                  They also won't let you install a boot manager and a competing OS on the same hardware.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X