TidyUserCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TidyUserCP

Inspired by Wyzcrak's Search Results Legend and One Line Results scripts, I decided to dive into DOM/Javascript and take a whack at tidying up the User Control Panel. There are a few more things I'd like to clean up, but this version hits most of the major things:
    • Reduces Subscribed Threads table from three lines of text per thread to one line of text per thread.
    • Adds an icon representing the forum of each subscribed thread
    • Adds a link to the parent forum of each subscribed thread (by clicking the icon).
    • Adds Unsubscribe from thread/forum buttons at right of each subscribed thread/forum.
    • Deletes icon and replaces it with more a larger, more intuitive version.
    • Reduces Subscribed Forums table from three lines to two.
    • Adds mouse-over pop-up text to most buttons/links.

Before:

After:

Once you have Firefox and GreaseMonkey installed, install/enable this script simply by clicking here: tidyusercp.user.js

Comments, questions, suggestions (and bug reports ;)) welcome!
    Last edited by WhiskeySix; 05-28-2007, 02:23 AM.

Re: TidyUserCP

Shweeeeet....I've been hoping for something like this! +Rep for sure!

Comment

Installed. Very cool work Whiskey. Interestingly the script only compresses the subscribed forums section if there is a thread subscribed as well. I also didn't know that you could subscribe to an entire forum until I saw your screen shot.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Made several bug-fixes and improvements in this updated version: cleanusercontrolpanel.v01.user.js.

Preview: with / without

Comment

This is so fun to see. Whiskey, I've not spent much time on this stuff since Evan was born (Nov), but we're starting to see more and more pre-11PM bedtimes, and I'm ready to spend some more time working on GM scripts for us.

Is it true that the scripts run in sequence as you dictate in your 'Manage User Scripts' window?

I've got this idea to map out certain pages to "id" elements of interest within the markup. The idea is that all other scripts use these "IDs" (which vbulletin doesn't provide) when referencing stuff on the page.

This way, when Apo changes the site, we need only make corrections to the "TGDOM" (or whatever) reference userscript.

Make sense?
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hmm.. not sure I follow exactly... what do you mean by "map out certain pages to "id" elements"?

The main problem I've come across is that not all objects have unique ID's. Only some of the major containers have id's, such as the "collapseobj_usercp_forums" and 'collapseobj_usercp_subthreads' tables.

Are you suggesting we have a GM script (which runs before all others) that goes through and assigns ID's to objects? If so, it's a cool idea. Subsequent scripts could be much simpler if standardized 'street signs' are put up in each page. :icon14:

Comment

That's exactly what I'm suggesting. Elements could be given IDs (e.g. 'tg_topnavbar_MembersList', 'tg_Logout_link', etc -- these are horrible examples.. there's got to be a solid naming convention to cover the entire site.. but you get the idea) we use in other scripts.

Again, though, this idea is key on scripts running sequentially, which I've yet to test/be told.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

updated/fixed: http://www.tacticalsites.com/~whiske...lpanel.user.js

Comment

Nice. I like it. :D
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Updated with latest icon set. cleanusercontrolpanel.user.js

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      again

Comment

(Ikariam, Sins of a Solar Empire, IHS Barracks, etc.)

Comment

Guys, haven't personally used Greasemonkey but am very involved in web application development, and "web 2.0". If your having problems selecting certain elements you should look into a javascript framework such as jQuery. It provides many ways to select elements by css, positioning, etc. Could probably save you some time, and get much more functionality - at the cost of a few extra kb download.

http://jquery.com/
                          http://docs.jquery.com/Selectors
                          http://joanpiedra.com/jquery/greasemonkey/

Cheers,
                          ZaBoo

Comment

Bump for when the dust settles...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X