video cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video cards

im new to playing online, and just want a graphics card that'll let me play battlefield 2, nothing special.
    i dont understand what all the stuff means

how much would i have to spend to get a video card for battlefield 2?
    and what ones would you recommend?

Re: video cards

first list your system specs so we can see what will fit.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

2.54 ghx processer
      1gb ram
      i dont know much else.

on another forum someone recommended this, will that do?NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB DDR AGP DVI VO

i'd put the link but i cant post url's yet

Comment

go all out and get this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150210
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

im only 15, cant afford that :O
          Last edited by lm_wfc; 05-28-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

is that this one?
            www DOT aria DOT co DOT uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/PCI-E/nVIDIA+GeForce+7+Series/+nVidia+GeForce+7600GT+256MB+PCI-E?productId=24384

Comment

What can you afford? Also, are you positive you have PCI-Express? Is that a home built system, or bought at a reseller? How new is this system? Year?

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                What can you afford? Also, are you positive you have PCI-Express? Is that a home built system, or bought at a reseller? How new is this system? Year?
                ??? no idea
                i CAN afford 210, i have some saved, but would rather not spend more more than 50,

Comment

Definitely find out what kind of graphics slot you have (PCI-e or AGP). You probably have AGP but you have to be sure.

I like Trooper's recommendation. The newegg link is also listing the price in USD. So, it'll probably be around 70 quid. It's not all of your savings but is a worthwhile investment to play BF.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

70?
                    i dont want to spend that much really, and i doubt i'll be allowed to either

Comment

You really won't find to much lower than that to actually run and get decent frames. Any card lower, you'll get terrible graphics, and low frames. Just need a card that will get decent graphics and good frames.

Comment

Video cards are a low-yield investment. If you're fifteen, you don't have expenses to worry about unless you're already on your own, or you're a fool and you squander the easiest earnings of your life on fast food, emo-band audiodiscs, and females who don't really care about you. Put away the hoola-hoop, halt your spendings, and go mow some lawns to earn your video card.

Comment

lol, thanks for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by lm_wfc View Post
                            70?
                            i dont want to spend that much really, and i doubt i'll be allowed to either
                            Spending any less wouldn't be worth it. You'd still run games like crap and be poorer.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I've been really happy with my nVidia 8600GTS. It does require a PCI-E slot, so be sure you have one. Cost me about $230 at NewEgg. I got the "super-clocked" version from EVGA, hence the $30 more than a stock GTS. I went with EVGA because their warranty stays in force if you use an aftermarket cooler. (You just have to replace the original factory cooler if you need to send it back for service.)

The way I understand it, the 8600 series gives you about 3/4 the performance of the top-of-the-line 8800 series at about half the price. It seemed like the best bang for the buck.

If you're strapped for cash, check eBay for some retired older cards that are still working. I replaced my 6800GT with the 8600GTS, and will probably install the old card in my Mom's computer. (She's currently putting up with motherboard video from Intel and WoW is a little choppy when it gets busy in major cities.) You can probably find a used 6800 for US $100 or less.

I replaced the 6800 only because it had died (under warranty) and I needed something to stand in until the old card got repaired.
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X