Photo printer reccomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo printer reccomendations

I am going to buy a photo printer. However, I do not know much about the area of digital photography printing. Does anyone have any experience in the area?

There seems to be two main areas, sublimation and inkjet.

Any suggestions anyone?

Price range: less than $500
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Re: Photo printer reccomendations

well if you want quality anything epson. Epson have always been better photo printer people and they have a HUGE variety of printers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828103195

thats a good one, little salty but its a good printer.

HP has some photo printers but they arent as good as epsons lines. One question, would the printer be used only for photos or everything?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Take them to Wal-Mart, Rite_aid, or Walgreen's. Compare the cost of the printer, paper, and ink. It is cheaper and easier than printing youself. In my area I can download jpg's and pick them up within an hour.
      The Old Guy
      kin3
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
        HP has some photo printers but they arent as good as epsons lines. One question, would the printer be used only for photos or everything?
        I am primarily looking for a printer that handles photos. Iif the printer is able to print both great photos and normal prints that would be no drawback.

The printer is a gift. The person going to use it is living too far away from a professional printstore for that option to be viable.
        --

Comment

My sister has this printer and its perfect for cheap prints.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828104519
          -Vulcan

Comment

Epson is the best in terms of printing photos/2D art.

HP is the second best.

Make sure you pick photo quality paper with a semi to full gloss (depending on usability) to ensure the ink is absorbed properly and that the final product is good. :)
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Anyone had experience with sublimation printers?
              --

Comment

I recently bought an HP D7160 to use with my 8MB SLR digital. I'm extremely happy with the printer both in print quality as well as speed. Having separate (5 color, 1 black) ink cartridges is a bonus as well as I'm not throwing out mixed-color cartridges just because one color is empty.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
                  Anyone had experience with sublimation printers?
                  Yes, but many years ago so my experience probably isn't as valid these days.

Comment

HP, for the past 5 years, has a reputation for poor reliability. I would avoid them at all costs. Personally, I have had 3 HP printers fail on me in the last 4 years. Stay away, regardless of what you may hear about HP. HP printers are nothing like the ones of the past.

Epson printers are somewhat inconsistent in quality, so I would also recommend that you not go with an Epson.

In terms of photo printing, the best you can get for the money is from Canon. While Canon's older reputation is poor, their recent printers are superb. Critics agree that the quality of construction and images produced are unmatched at their respective price ranges.

With a quality Canon Photo inkjet, you won't need to spend over $250 to get amazing pictures and a device that will last you for many years.

Comment

i guess id have to completely disagree with everyting you have postd. My whole family has had nothing but HPs for the past 5 years, not a one has gone bad. Epson are what most pro photo people use for professional prints and show prints. Canon are good laser printers, but thats about it.

Ink price wise, HP are by far the cheapest for what you get but also better quality then lexmark or canon of the same price. Epson you are gonna spend a little more on but get amazing colors and prints.

Also dont forget paper when you are wanting to get good prints. Any Epson photo paper will give you great prints that last for a long time, just make sure you get acid free.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

I have an HP PSC750 (printer/scanner/copier). Had it for the last 3 years. Never, ever had a problem. I have 2 teens that print, print, print, and a wife that photocopies to no end. My next printer will most likely be an HP. My only beef is one color cartridge, one black. Next one will be 5+1.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I've not idea what the price is now, but I've had good luck with my Epson 2200.

Comment

I haven't had any problems with HP or Epson (although setup requirements are becoming frustrating at times). Like Trooper said, Epson is used by professionals. In fact some of my 2D image work has been printed very nicely as a $5000 Epson (of course it's not the average Epson either :p). But from demos and other relatives who have own Epson photo printers, they perform marvelously and give out good results.

And Trooper has another point (just full of them :D), I love it every time I print something on Epson paper. It turns out beautifully. I've had similiar experience with HP's premium line of photo paper as well. Staples paper isn't bad either, but not as nice as Epson's.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've got to disagree with Aspie as well. I've not had any issues at all with HP, not with the color printer at home nor any of the ones at work. We *DID* throw away a Canon printer though that wouldn't run for more than a couple weeks without needing to be completely cleaned. Not sure of the model on it though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X