• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce 8900GTX and 8950GX2 details listed

Geforce 8900GTX and 8950GX2 details listed

With 8900 GTS and 8900 GS at 80 nanometres

By Fuad Abazovic: Thursday 15 February 2007, 13:10

JUST A DAY after we uncovered the existence of Nvidia's Geforce 8950 GTX and Geforce 8900 GTX, our friends in Taiwan confirmed the news. You can read our original stories here and here.
    The Geforce 8950 GX2 is a dual-chip card based on a new 80 nanometre G80 chip, probably codenamed something else. Both GX2 GPUs are clocked at 550MHz and the difference is GDDR4. The card comes with 2x512MB of 256-bit GDDR4 memory clocked at 2000MHz. The card has 96 Shaders, per chip. It will be priced at $600.

The second in Nvidia's spring line-up is the Geforce 8900 GTX clocked at 700MHz GPU and 2200MHz memory. The chip still has a 384-bit memory interface and comes with 768MB of memory. The card uses a new 80 nanometre chip and has 128 Shaders. Compared to the Radeon X2800XTX it will end up shorter on clock and memory interface. You can compare them here.

The Geforce 8900 GTX is priced at $550.

Meanwhile, the Geforce 8900 GTS is a new card clocked at 600MHz GPU with 2000MHz GDDR4 memory. It supports the 320-bit memory controller and comes with 640Mb of memory. This card should cost $500 and it is using the 80 nanometre chip. This card will still have 128 Shader units.

The current king of the crop, the 8800 GTX will drop in price to $450, while the Geforce 8800 GTS loaded with 640MB of memory stays up in the $400 price range.

Nvidia has two more 80 nanometre cards. The Geforce 8900GT with 600MHz core and with a 256-bit memory interface comes with 512MB of 1800MHz GDDR3 memory. It has 96 Shaders and is built on a 80 nanometre process and will cost $400.

The 8900 GS will be the cheapest G80-based card. The 80 nanometre based beast is clocked at 550MHz core and 1600MHZ memory. The card has the 256-bit memory controller and comes with 256 or 512MB of GDDR3 memory. It also has 96 Shaders. The 256MB version will cost $200 while 512MB incarnation will end up at around the $250 price mark.
    sigpic

Re: Geforce 8900GTX and 8950GX2 details listed

I hope you aren't stealing these from the Inquirer, because that site is full of rumours and hearsay. I doubt the 8900 exists or would be released.

Comment

That's where he's been stealing all of these articles from, I suspect a bot.

Comment

hitman, plz respond to this post. do you understand that you are starting to annoy some people with posting so much info, not citing the source, and not making it personal in any way? If you are trying to start a discussion, then start it. dont just spam stuff from other sites and expect others to discuss it. feel free to post up info from something on the net:
        but put the damn things in quotes and provide a link!
        I am a bit tired of sifting through your posts.

if you are in fact a bot, then kudos on passing the turing test.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Need 8950GX2...
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I'm going to say this is FAKE.

Comment

No links + haven't heard anything myself + bad writeup + sounds like an inquirer article = FALSE!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
                I hope you aren't stealing these from the Inquirer, because that site is full of rumours and hearsay. I doubt the 8900 exists or would be released.
                The Inquirer is more spot on than they are off, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ View Post
                  The Inquirer is more spot on than they are off, trust me.
                  I agree. I check the Inquirer several times a day. You often see things there that don't show up elsewhere for several days or longer.
                  LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                    I agree. I check the Inquirer several times a day. You often see things there that don't show up elsewhere for several days or longer.

this info is ok ,we got it in europe on a different tech site in jan .2007
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acid View Post
                      That's where he's been stealing all of these articles from, I suspect a bot.
                      i am not stealing it ,could not place links for the moment ,and the tech .info. is correct , its not comming only from this site .
                      sigpic

Comment

Faud = Inquirer writer. If not current, then at least past.

And the Inq is usually fairly right.
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Nvidia's next generation is G92

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                          Faud = Inquirer writer. If not current, then at least past.

And the Inq is usually fairly right.

ok lets go on with new stuff ...8950 is almost past .....

wont something at the tree by the end of the year, the 9000,

Nvidia's next generation is G92

1 Teraflop performance

Nvidia mentioned the name of its next generation chip. It is not G90, instead it will be called G92. With 1 Teraflops performance it should end up being twice as fast as the current G80 Ultra, at least in raw numbers.

The chip should be ready in late 2007, some time around Xmas if all goes well and it should be out before ATI gets its R700 ready. The mid range cards will follow in the spring of 2008.
                          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X