Time for eDimensional 3D Glasses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for eDimensional 3D Glasses?

I remember back in the days of Ghost Recon you could buy these handy glasses that xformed the game into true visual 3D goodness:

https://edimensional.com/product_inf...products_id=29

The problem back then was that many video cards didnt really support them, as they had to have native 3d support and/or a specific game driver (not found very often in today's vid cards). So, I didnt buy them of course.

NOW, E-D is claiming that they work with EVERY vid card no matter what and the only real requirement is DirectX. Granted, it's been said that nvidia cards do still work a bit better depending on the software (understandable as they originally had proprietary visual 3d drivers in many of their cards).

Anyways, with today's GPU/CPU (dual-core especially) and monitor technology it seems like these glasses need another look methinks. With the uber high refresh rates and fps these days I'm getting the vibe from recent reviews of this gadget that there's really no reason not to own one. Any resources it gobbles will get handled by the idle core of course. So, I believe the tech has finally caught up for us mainstream gamers to make this worthwhile.

So, I'm going to order a set. They'll make a nice addition to my TrackIR4. Between Arma and FSX I anticipate my eyes falling out of my head. After all, these games are coded in 3d... might as well look at them as such.

Re: Time for eDimensional 3D Glasses?

Looks cool. Update us when you get them. So, do you actually look at your monitor w/ them on, or do they have their own screens??

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
      Looks cool. Update us when you get them. So, do you actually look at your monitor w/ them on, or do they have their own screens??
      you look at your monitor. Glasses with their own screens these days arent very desirable (nor are they cheap), but the tech. is getting there.

Comment

I ordered a set along with the AudioFX headset. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow and have a report for the weekend. I'm SLOOOWLY working towards a full on "VR" system. Last thing I need is a good set of gloves.

Comment

Check out tomshardware.com, they had a huge write-up on these about a month ago. Guy had a projector screen set up with these. Said Far Cry was like walking through a jungle paradise, and fighting AT-ATs in battlefront was breathless. The only issue he said they had was you had to turn down a bit of the graphics settings and play at a bit of a lower resolution. Still, sound very interesting. If I had the money/space, I'd do the same, sounds geeky, but very fun at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
            Check out tomshardware.com, they had a huge write-up on these about a month ago. Guy had a projector screen set up with these. Said Far Cry was like walking through a jungle paradise, and fighting AT-ATs in battlefront was breathless. The only issue he said they had was you had to turn down a bit of the graphics settings and play at a bit of a lower resolution. Still, sound very interesting. If I had the money/space, I'd do the same, sounds geeky, but very fun at the same time.
            We used to have a TGer (dunno if he's still around) who built his own custom home-theatre/gaming room. I think he spent like $20,000 on it. Basically, an entire wall was painted projective silver and he had a top of the line single-gun high lux projector to go with it. Along with all that he had all the VR goodies, glasses, trackers, gloves, full force-feedback gaming chair system, and a million watt home theatre audio.

anyways, guys with these types of rigs always have trouble describing them. Just have to try them for yourselves.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X