Firefox Vs. TG forums.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Vs. TG forums.

Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before...

But has anybody had a problem using the 'quick reply' function on the forums while using Firefox 2.0.0.3?

Sometimes, When I go to post a reply using the quick reply box, I'll type out a few words or sentences, then my browser commits some horrible fatal error, and shuts itself down.

This is the only time it does that. Is there a setting I can change to fix it? or should I just live with it, as it doesn't happen EVERYtime...(I'd say it happens 3 out of 5 times).

Thanks.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: Firefox Vs. TG forums.

Can't say I've had this happen to me.

Comment

Never, in my experiences, has this happened.

Perhaps you have a plugin/extension running making things less than stable?
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Opera for the win.

Did you disable Java scripts? That might interfere.

Comment

wow, I thought it was just me! I was wondering if it had something to do with the spellcheck plugin.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

No problems here even with spell check.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I don't really have any Addons running in Firefox (they don't do much for me since i have such a short list of websites that i actually visit regularly)

What addons do you have running Sc1ence? mayhaps there's an addon that i've forgotten that i have.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                wow, I thought it was just me! I was wondering if it had something to do with the spellcheck plugin.
                You have installed a spellcheck plugin? FireFox has a spellchecker built-in, now, you know... That could indeed be causing the problem.

I've been using FireFox for a while now (a year?) and have had no problems like that.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Newest version here, and no problems.

Comment

I have a built in spell checker with firefox and it occasionally shuts itself down. Its not a big deal though, because all ya have to do is re-open firefox. It will prompt you with a choice to "restore" everything before the last crash. If you click that, it will open up the quick reply thing with everything that you previously typed into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                      I have a built in spell checker with firefox and it occasionally shuts itself down. Its not a big deal though, because all ya have to do is re-open firefox. It will prompt you with a choice to "restore" everything before the last crash. If you click that, it will open up the quick reply thing with everything that you previously typed into it.
                      Sometimes it gets everything you typed... not all the time.

As i said, it's not the hugest of deals, i was just curious as to whether or not there was something crazy wrong on my end that should be looked into. (i get really paranoid when my computer does tiny things strangely.)

Comment

Check your Firefox install. Something may be corrupted, or, even worse, it might have been installed on bad sectors on the hard disk.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I haven't had FireFox crash on me since they first updated v2.0
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X