Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me find an answer about Sound Driver installation!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me find an answer about Sound Driver installation!!!

Hello fellow TG ers.

Back home in Mongolia where the Internet connection is slow I have my brother calling me asking me one thing.

Apparently they reformatted their computer and installed XP again in some computer shop. But the sound is gone. I am suspecting when they reformatted the thing the sound driver must have been deleted as well.

I have seen somebody solve this problem messing with Device Manager or somewhere in Control Panel where you can find these drivers and install them without the need of internet connection. I would be very glad if anybody can point me to the right direction.

Excuse my noobish manner on this matter but I do have my sound card disks with me, it is just that it is a developing country and not everybody knows to save their disks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this at least.

Re: Please help me find an answer about Sound Driver installation!!!

First of all, figure out what kind of sound system you have. XP has a cache of drivers for plenty of XP-era hardware; so go into device manager, and see if the sound system is recognised, not-recognised, marked as driverless, whatever.

If it shows it as existing, delete it, and reboot (if necessary). Win should throw a Found New Hardware prompt, to which you can tell it to find a driver in XP's stash. If it doesn't have a clue, and you know what your working with, manually choose the closest driver you can from the list. (It should have an option next to Autodetect that says you'll choose the driver you want.) With any luck, you'll find one that will operate.

If the computer isn't recognising the sound system at all, you might have bigger problems, but since it (apparently) worked before, that shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Re: Please help me find an answer about Sound Driver installation!!!

Alternatively, have them find out the exact device, download the driver installer, burn it to CD, and mail it to him... That would kind of suck though, but it should do the job.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X