Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUGE!!! Joint Operations Gameplay issues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE!!! Joint Operations Gameplay issues...

:icon_mad: Hoping there may be some hardware wizards in here that can help me... I bought Joint Ops retail, and am having HUGE lag issues. Some System specs of mine..
    2.2 Celeron, 1024kb PC 2700 RAM, 128 MB ATI Radeon 9200 PCI Video Card, Windows XP Pro, very nice cable connection.

I have reduced my Direct 3d and OpenGL settings to max performance, and turned every option that I can find relating to video setting to their ABSOLUTE lowest settings. I am getting about 2-20 fps in game. Background services/programs are all to a minimum. Average ping of servers I have been attempting to play on is about 80ms. I have no connectivity issues, just crappy in game performance. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. You can Find me on the |TG| TS server or in a GR game just about anytime after 5 pst and on weekends anytime usually.. Take care and thanks in advance for any help.

Re: HUGE!!! Joint Operations Gameplay issues...

This was a topic in the JO forum I think the solution had to do with video drivers, check there.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Are you forcing AA or AF in the drivers? That could be a problem. Other than that, I don't really know. What's the CPU usage while in game? If you type 'fps' in the console (accessible by ~), you get a readout of system usage.

What's really weird though is you get the red dot by your name and everybody has green while on the server. Something funky must be going on when you connect to the server.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Not forcing anything whatsoever. AA is off, so is AF. So maybe it isn't a vid card issue... but something funky is going on. I have no problems with GR...just somethin screwy with JO. Tried to change a few things as Memory suggested that I found in the JO forums, to no avail. Even turned of Norton Auto protect. All again, to no avail. I just reinstalled my ATI drivers, and uninstalled/reinstalled JO. So now I am basically back to square one. Could Punk Buster have anything to do with it???
        :icon_conf

Comment

consistenly getting fps of 2, 2MN , 2MX and cpu well in excess of 200 when typing "fps" in console in game.. ?????? weird as hell.. Played wonderfully during the beta demo, but ever since the final retail demo, and now that I have bought the full retail, it is just pretty dissappointing.. guess I'll have to wait until the game is played more to hopefully resolve the issues I am having and get in there with you all... :icon15:

Comment

How does it play in the training missions? Just wondering if it's only when you go online.

My CPU stats are around the 30-60 while playing JO. Maybe it's a CPU bottleneck. Although I don't know how it could have changed from the beta demo.

Comment

Oh, another thing to try is a different set of drivers. An older set may be better. I suggest trying something before 4.4. You may also want to try the Omega drivers or some of the other third-party sets.

Comment

On the side of my box it says:

Compatible 3D Cards include: Nvidia GeForce 2, 3, 4 and ATI Radeon 9600, 9800.

Maybe your 9200 is not going to work for JO?
                [volun]

Comment

Oly,
                  Try setting your AF and AA to "Application Preference". Not sure if that's the main issue but I know it specified this in the readme. I've found that the biggest fps hits come from Terrain Detail and Shadows.

What did it say when you ran it for the first time and it tested your video card and system settings?

Bear
                  “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Well, Oly, I think I've got the same problem you have. For all the training missions the game ran beautifully, with all normal settings. In servers, though, I get terrible framerates. I found that I have to turn all settings to low, 800x600, and then I can only play in servers with 60 or less people. Any more and the framerates start to become a large disadvantage.

Frustrating, to say the least. It seems like most games are 100+. Try joining some 10-person servers and see if it's any better for you. If it is, it's likely not your video card, but CPU power (thanks Sarc for pointing this out to me).
                    [volun]

Comment

Thanks to all for the help. Will try things out and hopefully we will see what happens. Greatly apprecieated.

Comment

I'm beginning to have problems too. When the server gets to about 75, I drop to 12 FPS. It could have been that or the constant rain of grenades.

Comment

Ok, I'm finding some solutions here. I have an Athlon XP 2600+ 2.08GHz. When I checked Control Panel>System, it said I was running at 1.24 GHz. My brother seemed to think this was wrong, and it should be running much faster. So, we found a couple links with different things, and I looked at the pictures of bios settings and went in and changed them.

The main thing I did was set the output frequency to 166GHz. I also changed a few other things. When I rebooted my computer, the Control Panel>System window said I was running at 2.08GHz. However, my computer began to crash every few minutes when I tried to play a game. So I went in and set everything back to normal except the 166GHz. Still crashing, so I went in and set it to 133GHz.

Now my computer doesn't crash, and it runs faster, but it seems like I should be able to get the 2.08GHz. Does anyone know how I might be able to set it to 166GHz and not crash? Or know how I might be able to get it faster?
                          [volun]

Comment

Check your RAM and that it's set to 1:1 ratio to the FSB. Or set it to Auto. If it's running too high, it will crash when gaming.

Comment

Running XP witha 2.2 celeron. Where do I go/how can I check my RAM frequency speeds/FSB speeds? And how do I change them?

Also H-Hour and I were talking yesterday about switching BIOS settings. Best way to get into BIOS for those who want to know is upon reboot, hit F1, ESC or DEL, depending on your BIOS BEFORE your OS screen comes up and starts loading. Just as easy to hit all three in succession, you wont hurt anything by doing so. If you make any changes, and things don't work for you, you can always reboot and reset the BIOS to optimized default settings. Everyone most likely has different BIOS makers and versions, but they are relatively all similar. Take a look -- you may be able to make some minor BIOS setting changes that may give you a big boost in performance. Made some changes to mine, but didn't notice much difference. Hopefully you may have better luck

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X