safari for PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safari for PC

Apple has released thier browser safari for the pc.
    I am going to give it a shot for a while. Anyone else checking it out?

The text appears smoother than firefox. I will have to see if I can get a spellchack plugin for it though. :)

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: safari for PC

Do they offer all the snazzy plugins like FF? I hate apple's brushed metal look.

Comment

Use with caution.

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/06/12/0120230.shtml

Comment

YAY!

Now I can test webpages in Safari without borrowing someone's Mac. :D
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

For Windows, you mean. Other OS's run on PC's. (I blame Apple, not you, for the confusion of terms. ;))
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

The other OSs can also effectively emulate Windows, especially for something simple like Safari.

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=8248

Or not.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

FF>Safari

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
                FF>Safari
                I agree. Tried it for a bit, and I realize it's still beta, but I'm much more impressed with FF. Un-installed!

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
                  FF>Safari
                  On what do you base this? (I use Seamonkey and FF, but have no experience with Safari.)
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Safari offers no perks for the Windows user. Opera performs better, and FF is more flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspie View Post
                      Safari offers no perks for the Windows user. Opera performs better, and FF is more flexible.
                      Safari was bout four times slower than IE6 for me, so im sticking to that and Firefox. Im really surprised about how bad Safari's showing was.
                      "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

sweet - worse browser ever now for the PC!

I am a web developer and I can tell you that Safari sucks, it has so many rendering problems and that's when it's on a Mac! I can't imagine trying to get things to work right for it on a PC

Comment

It's beta software, isn't it? It has a right to be buggy.
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I uninstalled and will wait for this to come out of beta. I have more macs than pcs, so I had some high hopes.

now if only I could get a legal port of osx for my pc...

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you want your PC to look good, check out Beryl/Compiz for Linux. If you want your PC to be functional, stable, and secure, check out Linux. If you want to play games on a functional, stable, and secure system, check out Cedega for Linux.

Be warned: some hardware manufacturers couldn't care less than they do about Linux, so make sure your current hardware is supported before you attempt to follow my infallible advice.
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X