SQL Server Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Server Question

Hi folks, i'm trying to find an open source app that can accomplish things done by the full version of MS SQL Server. I have a SQL server running on my local machine and need to get access to the data in it. I know nothing about SQL Server or even SQL. So i'm sorry if this question seems silly. Any help in even understanding what i am trying to do would be greatly appriciated.
    "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Re: SQL Server Question

Are you looking for a SQL client?

squirrel-sql on sourceforge

Or a free database server?

mysql.com

Comment

I think i have a SQL Client. Squirrel, and i have a SQL server running locally, i think it is called MSDE or something. I just dont know how to get the SQl Client to talk to the server.

Comment

Cool, I'd never heard of Squirrel. YA, there's a link to their tutorial in the Overview section here:

http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Toad

http://www.toadsoft.com/
          "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
          EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
          PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow-Asterisk View Post
            I think i have a SQL Client. Squirrel, and i have a SQL server running locally, i think it is called MSDE or something. I just dont know how to get the SQl Client to talk to the server.
            You just need to setup the driver in squirrel, you should already have the Microsoft MSSQL Server JDBC Driver selection, use it and create an 'alias'; point to your local copy of sql server (you can probably use 127.0.0.1 for the name) and add in your username and password. Should be pretty straightforward after that.

Comment

Alright thanks, it turns out that i had Access to a copy of SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition. That did what i needed it to do. Thanks for your help anyway.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X