PR v.607 Game Crash!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR v.607 Game Crash!

Whenever I start the Beta 6.07, the screen goes black and then exits. I played PR 5.0 and all of the betas beside 6.07. I was able to play this before so nothing should be wrong with the video card or RAM. I have all the latest BF2 patches(1.41) and PR .5 works just fine. Please help.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: PR v.607 Game Crash!

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
    Whenever I start the Beta 6.07, the screen goes black and then exits. I played PR 5.0 and all of the betas beside 6.07. I was able to play this before so nothing should be wrong with the video card or RAM. I have all the latest BF2 patches(1.41) and PR .5 works just fine. Please help.
    Try clearing the shader optimization cache:

Delete everything found under:

My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

AWESOME...you are the man Dick.

++Rep for you

Comment

Well..I was tricked.

As soon as I got the load page I minimized and made the post above^^^
        Then it crashed again.:(

Its still not working

Comment

Can you post the content of the 607rc1 and the 0.5 shotcuts (not home, I'm on a boring conf call :))

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

DB, try a reinstall of 0.607. I had the same problem on my first install, but somehow the second miraculously fixed it. (make sure you delete your profiles folder from "my documents" before you reinstall...and with this, make sure you know your logon name and password or you'll wind up having to register a new name)

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              DB, try a reinstall of 0.607. I had the same problem on my first install, but somehow the second miraculously fixed it. (make sure you delete your profiles folder from "my documents" before you reinstall...and with this, make sure you know your logon name and password or you'll wind up having to register a new name)
              Ok...I removed the program and in the process of reinstalling it.

Now when you say "delete my profiles", do you mean to delete EVERYTHING in my profile folder? Or the Folder itself? Or anything in particular in the Profile folder?

Comment

Maybe stating the obvious, but I would highly recommend copying your profile files off somewhere before deleting them in that particular directory.

Comment

Ok...I just DL'd it again and it worked like a charm;)

I think it was just a bad DL.

Comment

Clearing your cache...what would it do? I'm just curious, as I just did it, because there is a sssshhh ton of files in there. PR has been a bit unstable as of the late...so I did it. I'm very computer saavy, so dont skip the good parts here.
                    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      Clearing your cache...what would it do? I'm just curious, as I just did it, because there is a sssshhh ton of files in there. PR has been a bit unstable as of the late...so I did it. I'm very computer saavy, so dont skip the good parts here.
                      Each time you make a change to your video settings (and sometimes when you update your video driver), BF2 re-optimizes shader data used to render the game and writes files to that folder. If you delete them all, you basically start fresh.

DB

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X