Sound Card help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Card help

I recently purchased a Barracuda AC-1 soundcard and followed EVERY instruction to the exact word. I get this error message below...

But I dont know what to do here

I really dont know what this means, but it seems to be my problem. I have tried installing several times. Unplugged the sound card several times, and tried reinstalling the drivers several times. But I keep getting the same error message. At first I had my old sound card in the PCI slot(because I had several empty ones). Then I took the old one out. But I keep getting the error message. I know that there are some tech guys here...any of you have any ideas?
    Last edited by Dirtboy; 06-28-2007, 03:20 AM. Reason: wrong pic;)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Sound Card help

Windows is lacking a DLL file. Find someone with it and throw it in your system directory. Might need to register it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
      Windows is lacking a DLL file. Find someone with it and throw it in your system directory. Might need to register it manually.
      mmmkay?
      I dont know what a "DLL" is...how might one register it manually?

Comment

Download this on your desktop. When XP prompts you for it (that «files needed» pop up), browse to the file's location.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

A DLL is basically a lump of generic code that multiple programs can run, so you don't need a copy of it in every program that wants a particular feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
            Download this on your desktop. When XP prompts you for it (that «files needed» pop up), browse to the file's location.

DB
            The website doesnt work for me:((sometimes websites dont load up...god I hate my internet).

Is there a mirror site that I can go to?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
              The website doesnt work for me:((sometimes websites dont load up...god I hate my internet).

Is there a mirror site that I can go to?
              My TG web site does not work for you ?

weird.

Try here

If that does not work, PM me an email addy. I'll attach it (it's only a 4K file).

You could also insert your XP Pro disk when prompted.

Cheers!

DB
              Last edited by Dick Blonov; 06-28-2007, 07:18 PM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Ok...that seemed to get me a little ahead. But it still is not accepting the card. It says for me to..."Turn off Computer, remove sound card, and restart"

Should I remove my old sound card? I have extra slots so I just added my new one with the old one still in.

Comment

I should hit you with something very, very heavy. Preferably something with sharp protrusions, as well.

Remove both cards. Remove all sound card drivers, new and old. Boot cycle once to make sure nothing's still rattling around in there. Install new card. Install drivers.

Comment

Great, it works now:)

Thanks to the both of you:)

Comment

Tell us about the card. Ten second reviews rock.

I got the HT Omega Claro because I got sick of Creative's annoyances. (Including a StartUp application that did three things. 1) Slow boot time. 2) Remind me I have a Creative Labs card. 3) Bluescreen Win2000.)

The audio quality is great, but I'm not happy with the way it handles the buffer (it doesn't clear it appropriately). It also doesn't unify the input lines, meaning I must manually switch between Mic and Line -- I use the former for gaming and the latter for TV.

Comment

Slightly off topic, a couple of alternatives.

DB

| |

Comment

I absolutly LOVE this sound card:)

But I also purchased the Razer Barracuda Headphones. I got 5.1 sound in these badboys. When I play CS:S, and hear footsteps, I can tell where they are. Left or Right...Top or Bottom. It also has its own amplifier also and the sound is crisp and clear. Other than the obvious install problems...everything went well and plugged right in.

I guess the only gripe that I have is the mic itself. It transmits just fine, it just feels like its far away from my mouth. But like I said...it transmits fine.

As for all the technical stuff, here is the website...

Headphones:http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?m...products_id=38

Sound Card:http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?m...products_id=41

Comment

Dirtboy, I have the same card with the headphones and I absolutely love the setup. If you ever have any questions look here. http://www.razerblueprints.net/
                            [TG] Rideau

Comment

Well Dirt, by the time I found this forum your question was already taken care of.

Shucks, cuz I knew the answer too.

-Aaron: who has on-board sound and a $5 pair of headphones.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X