hard drive moving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard drive moving

I have 2 hard drives, both with 37G on each (yea i know thats tiny) and i was installing a game, but needed it to be on steam which is on the almost full one, the other, is bout 1/4 full, can i just take the folder from steam and move it over to my emptier hard drive or do i gotta uninstall it from hardrive C and reinstall it on hardrive F?
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: hard drive moving

You could probably move it and be just fine, but it doesnt take long to uninstall steam and change drives. Safe bet would do just reinstall it.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Back up your GCF files in a couple places and round up your mod installers; then wax Steam and re-install where you want it. The GCFs hold your actual game stuff (not including custom content, like mods), so after Steam is installed and working, you can close it, pop in the GCFs, and not need to download the games again. It'll just verify the GCF files and DL Steam patches that way.

Comment

You can just move it. The registry entries aren't entirely important. I'm running steam now after wiping my OS partition. It can run and find where the GCF files are without a problem.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If you really want to screw up your system, swap the letters of the drives. Steam will be happy, but Windows won't.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Or just listen to Sarc. :p
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well, if you're lazy, you can listen to the voice of reason, sure.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X