Old laptop question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old laptop question

My wife has need of a laptop for her lab at UCSF (high-high-HIGH crime area) and dosent want to use our new fancy one. So I found her OOOLD preasrio 12xl300 in the closet and installed WinXP...

I want to upgrade the memory. The question is can I go over the 256MB maximum upgrade listed in the spec sheet (256+64)?

I know it seems silly but im looking for a throw-away lappy for her to use not my new fancy one. So a $50 investment will save my sanity.

Sarcoma
    Sarcoma.

Re: Old laptop question

http://www.memorystock.com/memory/Co...io12XL300.html

That might answer your question. The system has 64MB of non-removable memory. Looks like the motherboard cannot handle memory modules larger than 256MB in the upgrade slot.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

roger that Sarc.

I was hoping that someone would tell me that a little more mem would turn this POS into an awsome computing machine.

lol

sarcoma
      Sarcoma.

Comment

I'll be happy to tell that to you, but you'll be disappointed when you spend all that money on RAM.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X