Headset audio problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset audio problem

Hey there guys, I got a huge problem and I don't know anyone who can help me except for you.
    I always use my headset and it worked just fine until now. I was playing ArmA when I had to go and have dinner so I closed ArmA and let the computer stay standby.
    When I came back I didn't hear anything through my headset, well almost anything. It sounded like everything was miles away. I have this problem in every application; Xfire, Youtube movies, Teamspeak, everything. The weird thing is, the windows sounds you hear when you start up the computer are just fine.
    Also, when I plug in my common speakers everything is alright too.
    This just happened, I didn't do anything special, and before I went to eat I didn't have any problems. I'm using a Logitech Premium Stereo Headset or something like that and I have Realtek AC 97 onboard audio.

I really need some help here.. :(

Re: Headset audio problem

Oh and when I click "test headset" in my audio configuration screen it works just fine too... What the heck.. :(

Comment

Is there a setting that has specific headphone volume that randomly got changed at all? Check the connection of the plug, might've come lose.

Comment

Check to make sure your 'reverb' and 'echo' settings aren't set high. Some "nicer" headphones include software to give you reverb, echo, etc. settings.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Nope, it hasn't got any software included with it. And the weird thing is, I just tested it on my other PC and I get the same problems! So I'm starting to think that the headset itself is screwed up, not the software :(

Comment

It may sound dumb, but did you reboot the computer?

I just bought a new headset because I broke my last set :) and when I plugged it in last night, everything seemed fine. I could hear Winamp, the in game battlefield sounds, my voice through my mic, but I couldn't hear my SL in game and my voice wasn't coming through either. I couldn't get Battlefield to let me enable VOIP either. I decided to reboot and when I got back in, everything worked perfectly.

I have realtek onboard audio also, but when I ran the headset test, it came back that I would be able to hear people, but they would not hear me. So it may not work, but it's worth a shot.
            Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Yep, I've rebooted tons of times hoping it would work again :( Guess I'm gonna buy a new one tomorrow...

Comment

really silly, but have you checked volume control on headset lead

if its the headset, have you any speakers you can test the PC with instead to narrow it down further that its the headsets and not the PC

Comment

Yes I do. I have tried my speakers and they work just fine. I even used them in combination with my headset yesterday evening. (used the speakers for sounds and the microphone on my headset, well, as a microphone, which was crap but OK as a temporary solution)

Comment

Hmm, are there any newer stable drivers for your headset that you can install?

Or if you are using generic/beta drivers, try installing the latest stable release drivers for your headset (if any are available).

Sometimes it could be a generic Windows driver issue.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I think the headset isn't USB. So it's probably loose wires that's causing the problem.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Hmm, well that would the only other cause I could think of. I guess we'll wait and see what Concrete says later.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Nope it isn't USB. The problem can be with the cables, since I transport my headset alot (in small bags that is - better be more careful next time...).

Comment

Okay guys, thanks for all the help and suggestions. It looks like it was my headset itself which was broken.
                            It solved the problem by buying a new one so don't bother to think of new solutions hehe :)

Comment

Have you tried lighting it on fire and then dancing around it shouting?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X