case: mid-tower or tower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case: mid-tower or tower

Which do you perfer and why? I will build a new gaming rig sometime this year and was thinking about going with a tower case this time. I current have an Antec p180.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: case: mid-tower or tower

If you need the extra space inside, go for the tower. I'd keep the P180 just because it's a nice case. Are you not satisfied with the airflow of the case or just need more space?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Honestly, I'd stick with the P180 as well kin. I just moved to an Antec Solo and the P180 was one of my other choices. Air flow in both of them should be excellent.

Comment

I have the P180...

Nice design, well-made, quiet, and looks good (IMO)!
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I'd also keep the P180. I own one and it has very well thought out airflow. On top of that it is a very solid, if heavy, case.

If you plan on working with a full ATX board, then I'd definitely go for a full tower. The extra room and space can really help you out in setting up your system.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Bigger is better, though what you currently have is no slouch. I'd probably invest the case money elsewhere.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Thanks guys. I am happy with this case I was just wondering if there was a big advantage with a tower. I might keep this rig together and give it to my wife and build from scratch.
              The Old Guy
              kin3
              sigpic

Comment

My latest case is an Antec Lanboy. Very lightweight aluminum tower, making it easy to carry to the office when I need it there. But it will dent easily, so you have to handle it carefully. Kind of like the Apollo lunar module, where you could put your fist through the wall if you were careless.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

You could also use one of those micro/baby ATX cases (aka LAN cubes). Then it would an even more portable system. :D
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Full towers are fairly large as a heads up, but nice. Currently in a mid-tower till I finish my paint job on my full-tower, so the gain of space is gonna be a nice thing to look forward to (as well as the shiny paint job!).

Always heard antec P180s are real nice.

Comment

I would go with a full tower if you have the space. I recently moved into an original CM Stacker from an Antec Sonata I. It is incredibly easy to work inside the case--no more scraped knuckles--and it has room for anything you want inside. I got mine for $80 shipped on Hard forums and it was worth every penny.
                      [combat]

Comment

Originally posted by KestrelZ17 View Post
                        I would go with a full tower if you have the space. I recently moved into an original CM Stacker from an Antec Sonata I. It is incredibly easy to work inside the case--no more scraped knuckles--and it has room for anything you want inside. I got mine for $80 shipped on Hard forums and it was worth every penny.
                        Kind of a waste moving from a P180. Looking at the specs, it has great working space. The 5.25" bays seem to have rails so you just attach them to the optical drives then slide them in. The 3.5" and HD are housed in removable cages. There doesn't seem to be an advantage to moving to a full tower. The P180 looks like it was designed for minimizing noise and making it easy to house components.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah I also have the P180 black one. It's awesome I love it. Also its a "large" midtower bigger than most. I like the space, and the removable 5.25inch bay is really nice considering it adds more space if your not using it. Would make a GTX card fit perfectly, the GTS comes close.

Comment

Well i have a full tower, but mines cramped lmao heres a pic.

Thermaltake armor series(great case)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X