Normal VGA Temps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal VGA Temps?

So, here I am sitting in the computer room with a room temperature of 94.4 F, CPU temp at 55 C, and my GPU temp at 65 C.

Now, I know for Intel CPUs, the throttle down or slowdown threshold is at 61.4 C, what is the one for nVidia cards? I noticed that in my nV CP for my 7600GS, it states the slowdown threshold at 125 C and I'm just wondering if 65 C is considered a normal temperature? (I have 3 rear case fans running at max as well)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Normal VGA Temps?

Thats not bad for your room temp. If my computer space was that hot I think my stuff would be about the same as yours. But just know that less heat = better gaming and less wear and tear. Perhaps a cheap water cooling system would help keep temps down as your card heats up in games.
    Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

At least you are not at the boiling point YET. I thankfully was able to get my ATI card RMA'ed due to the fact the fist card I had was same situation. High room temp and only one case fan with that being the only place for a fan.

I have bought a new case with 3 fans, 1-120MM in front, 1-80mm side(cpu) fan, and of course a 120mm exhaust fan. I have also put a window air conditioner in that room, still, an old house I live in and no insulation to help hold the cool air in, my room temp stays about 80 degrees F now.
      My next step is to start putting insulation in the walls to help hold more of the cooler air in, since I can get the most of the walls through the attic easily. Winter time I can definitely see a dramtic improvement in my PC though, room stays almost to cold to live in without getting frostbite in about 30 minutes, lol.
      As far as a water cooling system, friend I have has one and his house he live in is about like mine, HOT. He ended up bubble gumming together the water cooling lines to pass in front of his A/C to help it get cooler, it wasn't helping out very much in a hot room without running a line past the A/C.

Comment

I'm running a 7800GS in an Antec Solo case with a 92mm front intake fan and a 120mm back exhaust fan and the video card is normally at 56C idle. My P4 2.66Ghz runs at 42C idle.

Comment

Hmm, I feel safer now that DA mentioned 56C.

Now to see how far I can OC the card on this nice 80 F day.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            So, here I am sitting in the computer room with a room temperature of 94.4 F, CPU temp at 55 C, and my GPU temp at 65 C.

Now, I know for Intel CPUs, the throttle down or slowdown threshold is at 61.4 C, what is the one for nVidia cards? I noticed that in my nV CP for my 7600GS, it states the slowdown threshold at 125 C and I'm just wondering if 65 C is considered a normal temperature? (I have 3 rear case fans running at max as well)
            Thats pretty hot for idle temps.

The room in which my PC is located is 92.7F and my GPU is at 41C (CPU 38C) currently. I only see your temps when it's under load. You're not going to be able to get much higher clock times if you don't bring those temps down a bit.

Thermaltake Armor case (120mm intake & exhaust w/ a 92mm blowhole). Card is a Radeon X1900XTX @ 628MHz/729MHz and the CPU is an Athlon 64 X2 4800+ @ 2.4 GHz.

Comment

Glad to see you back Mosatii. :D

Hmm, I don't plan on OC'ing much. From research into my 7600GS, most of what I've read suggested that I shouldn't clock my memory higher than 900 mhz effective. As for the GPU, I'm going to see if I can get 500mhz out of it. Some people have posted an amazing 620mhz on stock cooling. I somewhat doubt those are accurate.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                Glad to see you back Mosatii. :D

Hmm, I don't plan on OC'ing much. From research into my 7600GS, most of what I've read suggested that I shouldn't clock my memory higher than 900 mhz effective. As for the GPU, I'm going to see if I can get 500mhz out of it. Some people have posted an amazing 620mhz on stock cooling. I somewhat doubt those are accurate.
                Yea, sorry about disappearing - I moved and had no internet, school got hectic, and then I enlisted (before hurting myself and then being put into DEP).

:D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X