New Fraps Release - v.2.9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fraps Release - v.2.9

There is a new version of Fraps out that has corrected a lot of problems with Vista/DX10 (DX10 is now fully supported and there are fixes for some DX9 issues as well). I know some people can't run Fraps and TSO at the same time so maybe that is fixed as well (please do check). Registered users should have recieved an update e-mail but mine was flagged as spam so I didn't see it right away. So, in case you didn't see it either here are the release notes:

The latest Fraps 2.9 release adds support for Vista and DirectX 10 games. With games starting to appear using DirectX 10 graphics we are happy to report that benchmarking, video capture, and screenshots are now all fully supported for these titles.

Vista also includes a rewritten audio subsystem. Fraps can take advantage of this and directly record a sound stream from the machine without requiring any support from the soundcard driver. This allows you to capture ingame audio even if you are using a USB headset or other audio device which does not normally support a "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" recording input.

Since the Vista Desktop Window Manager (DWM) runs through DirectX we have also added a new option to monitor the desktop under Vista. You can now take screenshots and record video from the desktop just like any other game or 3D application.

Changelog

- Added suport for DirectX 10
    - Added option to monitor Desktop Window Manager under Vista
    - Added Direct Stream sound recording for Vista
    - Fixed screen tearing in video captured from DX9 games
    - Fixed G15 LCD output running fast on Vista machines
    - Improved resource sharing with multithreaded games
    - Added numerous crash and compatibility fixes
    LoyalGuard

Re: New Fraps Release - v.2.9

Can you use the new Fraps on Windows XP? cuz i aint got Vista
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
      Can you use the new Fraps on Windows XP? cuz i aint got Vista
      It should work on both...I am at work but will DL and install in about and hour to confirm.
      LoyalGuard

Comment

haha, i went to the Download page, and here what is first says as the title:

Fraps 2.9.0
        for Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and x64 Editions
        "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Hmm hopfully this helps, I tried using the full version of FRAPs (2.8.2) on Vista and it just grinds my computer to a stop (starts using all CPU for some reason)

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
            Hmm hopfully this helps, I tried using the full version of FRAPs (2.8.2) on Vista and it just grinds my computer to a stop (starts using all CPU for some reason)
            That's pretty weird. I've been using Fraps 2.8.2 for a while on Vista. The only oddity about it is getting an FPS counter on my desktop.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
              That's pretty weird. I've been using Fraps 2.8.2 for a while on Vista. The only oddity about it is getting an FPS counter on my desktop.
              Actually just thought of this, I filmed some video from within Shadowrun on Vista. It worked just fine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X