Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking nvidia geforce4 440mx card

Hello,

trying to overclock my nvidia geforce4 440mx 64mb card. Does anyone know the optimal or recommended setting for this card.

It is defaulted at:
    Core Clock Freq----250mhz
    Memory Clock Freq-266mhz

Any suggested would be greatly appriecitated, Thanks.

Buttfart
    Buttfart

Re: Overclocking nvidia geforce4 440mx card

Even with recommended settings, you may not get the same results. Your card may not be able to perform at the same speeds others may get. Overclocking takes a lot of time so be prepared to reboot a few times during the process and sit through some benchmarking tests.

I would try a 10 mhz boost to the core and memory as a start. Run some graphics tests including your favourite games. If it runs for 5 minutes, increase the memory or core frequency, not both at once, by 1 or 2 mhz. The idea is to find the maximum of one part then bring the other to its maximum. Generally, a memory overclock will yield better performance.

You'll start seeing the limits of the hardware when you see artifacts like 'snowflakes' or other noticable anomalies. You'll definitely know when the PC crashes on you. One thing to keep in mind is you might not notice instability with the overclock until hours of strenuous testing.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttfart
      Hello,

trying to overclock my nvidia geforce4 440mx 64mb card. Does anyone know the optimal or recommended setting for this card.

It is defaulted at:
      Core Clock Freq----250mhz
      Memory Clock Freq-266mhz

Any suggested would be greatly appriecitated, Thanks.

Buttfart

optimal settings : core = 275 ......... mem = 300
      recommended : core = 266 ......... mem = 275-280

change the mem first... jump to 275 then go by fives till unstable and back down one
      mem will go a lot higher than core usually, you might get 312 or 325 out of it if its a well made card. after ward kick up the core to 260 and stress it hard. continue by 2-3 untill there are errors, then back off again.....

now for better advice.... dump it for a radeon 9600xt 128 for like 100.00 bucks.... you will be amazed at the difference, I dont think ppl even bother oc'ing unless they are just trying to see what the card can do....... overlag, you keep your 9700 oc'ed all the time?
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Take er easy Buttfart. If you blow your Vid card......I'll kill you :icon20:

Comment

Ok thanks for the help guys I think she's OK. Alot smoother tonight and no smoke from the tower. Good to go Patorean. Thanks again guys.
          Buttfart

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X