need a new mouse...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new mouse...

Anybody know of a good mouse? I want a 5 button optical... wired or wireless really doesnt matter... I also want it reasonably priced..

Anybody point me somewhere as to one?

thanks

Re: need a new mouse...

Originally posted by _Ender_
    Anybody know of a good mouse? I want a 5 button optical... wired or wireless really doesnt matter... I also want it reasonably priced..

Anybody point me somewhere as to one?

thanks
    I'm looking at getting the Logitech MX700 (actually I'm getting the duo: a mouse and keyboard combo)

The cheapest I could find a new, retail boxed MX Cordless Duo was for $71.50 (including shipping) at I Squared. I haven't heard anything good or bad about that retailer.

The cheapest I could find a new, retail boxed MX700 Mouse was for $55.00 (including shipping) at Excaliber PC. I think I've ordered from them before, and I haven't heard anything bad about them. I'm pretty sure they've been around for a while...

Anyway, I'm sure someone will post about Microsoft's latest and greatest. I've used both brands and they're both fine. But since they're just about equal in price and quality (both top of the line), I choose to support the little guy...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I would say if this is for gaming be carefull if you get a wireless (i dont know if you've had one before..) i have one, and dont get me wrong i love it. From all the gaming i do, i have the most problems in NS, usually when im a fade. The response time just lags, and its rather annoying. Also they eat batteries.. the link that Cing posted recharges though, which is nice. the next mouse i will probably get for my next gaming rig will probably be wired.

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
        I would say if this is for gaming be carefull if you get a wireless (i dont know if you've had one before..) i have one, and dont get me wrong i love it. From all the gaming i do, i have the most problems in NS, usually when im a fade. The response time just lags, and its rather annoying. Also they eat batteries.. the link that Cing posted recharges though, which is nice. the next mouse i will probably get for my next gaming rig will probably be wired.
        Only the older wireless mice have any lag that a human can notice. Any new wireless mouse that you get from MS or Logitech will work perfect for gaming...
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I know no one will listen, but here goes....

GE dual scroll optical mouse

bigger than most mice so it actually fits a male hand

one extra button on each side instead of two under ther thumb like ms....

target had mine.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I have the MX900 and it works perfectly. There isn't any lag during gaming. I hear the same goes for the MX700. There's also the MX500, which is wired.

Microsoft mice are really nice. The Intellipoint drivers have a feature for programming your buttons specifically to an application.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              Only the older wireless mice have any lag that a human can notice. Any new wireless mouse that you get from MS or Logitech will work perfect for gaming...

i take it logitech's older verson of the mouse you showed isn't new enough, eh. its a pretty new mouse :\

Comment

i take it logitech's older verson of the mouse you showed isn't new enough, eh. its a pretty new mouse :\
                I'm not sure what your point is since the MX700 is one of Logitech's latest products. It's at the top of the list of mice on the Logitech website. It comes with rechargeable batteries and a charging stand. It's one great cordless mouse that doesn't lag during gaming. It's almost like an 8-button mouse since the three special function buttons are programmable.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Huh? No, the MX700 responds faster than the human nervous system can possibly detect. Try it, you'll like it.

Edit: I've got the Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical and although there's no lag, it does have an annoying habit of "vibrating" the cursor position. I think it's because the "eye" is trying to focus on two different points or something... It would definitely affect a really good gamer, but my aim sucks so bad that it doesn't really matter.
                  Last edited by CingularDuality; 07-05-2004, 01:27 AM.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I use the MX 310 5 Button Optical works great for me and i have big hands.....

Comment

Logitech trackball. 'nuff said. One you get used to it, i GUARENTEE you wont EVEN go back to the one you havta move with your whole hand :) I use it, my bro uses it, BOTH my moms side and dads side grandparents use it. As well as my cousin and uncle. It started with me, i reccomended it, and they said they will NEVER go back. Now my dad is thinking of one like it, as well as a few of my friends.

Sure.. it takes getting used to, but i can promise you after about 2-3 weeks, you'll LOVE it. I HATED it the 1st few weeks, but then, I've always used it. I've used the same one since the year 2000.

Ewww..... A trackball? Yes yes. It is. People talk about "I HATE THEM, THEY ARE STUPID" but 50 bucks says they haven't used one straight forward for 2 weeks or so. I hated them too, but I had never used them. My dad started with the trackball thing, so I went to Office Depot (i think) and bought the coolest looking one i could find, and this was it. I hated it, now I will NEVA go back. My friends now know me for bringing my mouse over to their comps. to play games :)

If there is anything you can trust me one, it is this :D

Comment

To each his own. My mom has the same model, Sniper, and I hate it. Keep in mind I am a trackball fan...it's just that I can't stand a missing scroll wheel. I have a Logitech trakman with the ball on the side (for the thumb), been using it for about 5 years and it does the job.

Comment

i dont need a mouse scroll anyways :) but the newer models have a similar kinda scroll, but it's a button

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X