System Stutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Stutter

Okay this is starting to piss me off. My system seems to stutter every few seconds. I havent installed anything today or yesterday, only thing i un-installed was Adaware. Its been doing it all day. I took the heatsink off and cleaned that, re-applyed compound and stuck it back on. The system has been hot today as well, running 5-10degrees hotter then normal which is around 50degrees C.

Any ideas?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: System Stutter

Maybe you have a process that's running and keeping your CPU pegged at 100%.

Comment

only one that keeps doing that is the "services.exe" from what google told me im not supposted to end that one. Gonna do a couple more system scans and see what i can find.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Process explorer might give you more info about what's running.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...sExplorer.mspx

Comment

I sometimes have Mozilla running in the background behind WoW after looking up something on Thottbot or Allakhazam (WoW DB sites) and WoW slows to a stutter. Those sites love to run looping Flash ads that bring a machine to its knees. Once I shut down Moz, WoW springs back to life.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            I sometimes have Mozilla running in the background behind WoW after looking up something on Thottbot or Allakhazam (WoW DB sites) and WoW slows to a stutter. Those sites love to run looping Flash ads that bring a machine to its knees. Once I shut down Moz, WoW springs back to life.
            AdBlock, NoScript or some other similar extension can block flash ads, thus freeing up your CPU.

Comment

just about anything that is under processes that is under USER NAME with your account name is able to be disabled, EXCEPT EXPLORER.EXE. Usually before i play any game I will disable all except for explorer.exe and it will improve my slow machine. When you stop playing your game you can restart your computer and all should start right back up ok unless you know how to start them back up without needing to restart. Also if you do stop explorer.exe all you need to do is just go into the tab Applications in Windows Task Manager and then hit NEW TASK button and type in explorer.exe and it will restart. Most apps can be restarted this way. As long as you know the file.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X