Uninterruptable Power Supply Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninterruptable Power Supply Recommendation

I need a recommendation for a UPS. The only point of this UPS is to survive sub-second power glitches and to give me enough juice for just the system and the monitor to shut the system down in the event of a power failure.

I'm not supporting anyone else's systems and there's no reason to get fancy here.

Any suggestions, or should I just walk into the store and get whatever's cheapest?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Uninterruptable Power Supply Recommendation

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    I need a recommendation for a UPS. The only point of this UPS is to survive sub-second power glitches and to give me enough juice for just the system and the monitor to shut the system down in the event of a power failure.

I'm not supporting anyone else's systems and there's no reason to get fancy here.

Any suggestions, or should I just walk into the store and get whatever's cheapest?
    Anything from American Power Conversion...

Great products, and their US Headquarters are about 5 minutes from my house. I worked there for a few years after high school too! :-)
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I bought 25 energizer ups'es they will give a p4 and a 21" monitor 4 minutes of juice, pii and a 15" 9 minutes. but what do you want for 29.95?
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

This is what I use at home.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...102-011&depa=1

Comment

I've had this for a couple years now and it's worked well. We have several blackouts every winter here and this has worked fine. I can't remember how much I paid. $30-40 something like that.
          New to TG?

Comment

Good buy: APC (American Power Conversion), Tripplite. There are others, but these seem to be the best priced and longest lasting.

Whatever you do, just stay the Hell away from Belkin.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
              Whatever you do, just stay the Hell away from Belkin.
              I was just going to say that Belkin makes some very inexpensive little UPSs. I don't know about their quality, though.

I use APC UPSs for both mine and my wife's computer. They are pretty much the industry standard and they are sure to have a UPS in the size you need. I would definitely recommend APC.

Comment

I have used APC and had good luck. I haven't looked for a while but APC used to have a sizer application on their website. It asked you a few questions and then recommended various APC models that met your needs.

[volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X