Microphone problems URGENT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone problems URGENT!

Hey, recently my mic hasn't been working.. It stopped working after I used FRAPS(but im not 100% sure thats the reason). I've tried to change the settings in the ways FRAPS records the sound, still doesnt unmute the mic. My vent settings are fine, my counter-strike settings are fine. When I do turn my mic on vent or something, people can hear my music, etc. but not my voice. I have also tried my mic on my brothers compter, it works, and I also tried my brothers mic on my computer and his mic does not work aswell.

I have also downloaded the current sound card drivers.

Re: Microphone problems URGENT!

What kind of soundcard are you using? If you are using Realtek, like me, try turning off (muting) Stereo Mix, lots of people have issues with Realtek.

Comment

Re: Microphone problems URGENT!

It seems that Fraps set your recording input to something other than your mic.

You have to go to your sound control panel (it's where you can adjust volumes for your sound card). It's accessible from your sound card's properties. There will be a button there to access volume. You'll see the main volume and other stuff like line in.

First, you have to go to File and Properties (this is from memory since I don't use XP anymore). You'll get a dialog with a couple drop down menus. Change the drop down menu that has "playback" to "recording". This changes the volume sliders seen earlier to setting the recording level. There will be checkboxes and all you have to do is check your mic.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X