Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very long loading-time and massive lag first minues. Will this help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very long loading-time and massive lag first minues. Will this help?

Heya...

While loading up most maps for PR, and especially maps like 'Basrah', so am I suffering from extremely long loading-times. I am usually finished loading the map when "all" others already have started to play and squaded-up. Once I am finished loading, it will take a minute or so before I can even chose squad myself. I guess that you can imagine the panic to find a squad to avoid the auto-kick. :) Lag is also often just terrible for the first 3-5 minutes, but dying a couple of times while trying to navigate in lag actually tend to help.

However, my question to you is if you think that the following will help my case.

My current specs are:
    Dell Dimension 8400 (P4)
    3.00 GHz (clock speed)
    800 MHz (bus speed)
    1 GB RAM (DDR2 SDRAM 400MHz)
    nVidia GeForce 6800

Hopefully will I get an additional 1GB RAM in the mail today. Do you think that the extra RAM will "do it"?
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Re: Very long loading-time and massive lag first minues. Will this help?

Extra RAM will likely help.

Are you sure that your system is clean? That is, are you virus and malware free? Nothing brings a system to its knees like malicious software wasting resources.
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

As icky said, it's most likely a memory issue. 2GB does a world of good for BF load times vs. 1GB.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Overclocking your FSB will also help with load times in BF2. But the main concern is performance and the extra RAM will help with that.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
          Extra RAM will likely help.

Are you sure that your system is clean? That is, are you virus and malware free? Nothing brings a system to its knees like malicious software wasting resources.
          No, I cant say that I am sure. But I will definately scan the computer and see if I can find anything that is causing the issues. Thanks for the tips! :)
          sigpic
          The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...