Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLI and ATI

Hi guys just a quick question..

I was wondering if an ATI card works (and if so how well) on and SLI MB. I want to upgrade my system but Im limited on funds I found an MSI P6N 650i sli board for $100 and a Sapphire x1950 Pro 512mb GDDR3 vid card for $190. both got high marks from NewEgg customers and I wont be able to afford anything beefier for at least another yea.

thx

edit: also getting a Intel e6750.

Re: SLI and ATI

I've got the P6N-SLI board, It's been very reliable to. I would recommend it. I've had mine about 5months now too. Lots of features, and supports 1333mhz fsb intels.

Comment

Yup, they work together. SLI doesn't mean you can't use other brand cards in singles. It means the board features SLI, has the support for two nVidia cards at the same time for a performance boost.

Also, a Crossfire board can use nVidia cards but not two nVidia cards for a performance boost.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I don't know for sure but I don't think you can run ATI cards in an NVidia SLI board. I believe you need to buy a crossfire board that is specific to ATI. Again I am not positive on this so you might need to do some research. Hope you figure something out.

Edit: Well Sarc beat me to it and I would definitely go with Sarc's advice he is usually spot on with this stuff.
        sigpic

Comment

You can use two ATI cards on an SLI mobo. However, you won't be able to use them to render half of the screen each. You could use them to display four monitors though.

SLI and Crossfire both split the work of the GPU's by using each to render half the screen, but they do it in different ways.

Comment

thx for the feedback guys. think Im gonna order it today.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X