Mouse and keyboard lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse and keyboard lag

No, this isn't just a lame excuse for my unrivaled attractiveness to lead. It really does happen and is really annoying.

at times, I can't even use the mouse or keyboard at the same time.
    most of the time, it takes me 4-5 clicks to fire one shot, and then that may register as me holding the button down, so it keeps firing until I click it again (also 2-3 clicks to achieve 1).
    Or It can take several rounds of lifting and re-positioning the mouse for it to turn .

the thing is it only seems to be my mouse, the buttons on the keyboard are fine, could it be because they are wireless or do I just need a new mouse?

The drivers are all up to date (I know that from the mouse wheel thing)

oh, btw, if you guys say new mouse I'll have cause to nag my parents for something outrageously expensive :D
    <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Re: Mouse and keyboard lag

Have you checked the battery levels?

The only other thing I can think of is your computer is slow. Something might be slowing it down and your input is not taking priority.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

yup, batteries are fine, what could be making it slow? (I've checked for viruses)
      <<<<Magic!!

Comment

Could it be possible the button is worn down? I've gone through a couple cheaper mice because the left click just got worn out and was hard to "make click". By this I mean I would click the button but it wouldn't actually register unless I clicked on a specific part of the button as the rest had worn off. Also if it was sticky that might explain, "it takes me 4-5 clicks to fire one shot, and then that may register as me holding the button down, so it keeps firing until I click it again" (As posted by HBrustush). If have a spare mouse around I'd recommend trying it.

Also to assist in diagnostic procedures, what model mouse/kb? USB or PS/2? And both wireless I'm assuming.

Comment

Yeah, I guess you could try another mouse to rule out something funky going on with the computer/drivers.

If you can open the mouse, maybe there's a loose part. Although, it may be hard to put back together again. I took my Logitech mouse apart and when it went back together... there was a spring leftover. I think it was for the mouse wheel.

Comment

it is an MX700 I think, by logitech, it uses the PS/2 or PS/0 (I think) but because it's wireless, I guess that the recharge base (also the receiver) uses the ports instead, is USB better or something?
            <<<<Magic!!

Comment

You could try using it through USB. It will get better bandwidth but that might not be the problem. Definitely try out the USB connection and keep it that way too.

Comment

Since it's wireless, there might be interference with nearby cordless phones and/or your wireless network. I know on my G7 I'll get intermitten interference while using the 2.4 GHz cordless next to me.

I second the suggestion to using USB. The higher bandwidth will definitely help any wireless mouse.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

okay, MWahahahahahaahhahaah, excuse to nag my parents for money :D

I'll make sure to get a USB mouse.

bear in mind my PC is 3 years old, that includes the mouse, so maybe it IS just old and sticky (heh, sounds like my dad when he's been gardening :D)
                  <<<<Magic!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...