Firefox taking up 450 megs of memory?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox taking up 450 megs of memory?

On my work PC, I run Firefox all day, but it seems to be using a lot more resources than necessary - generally around 450 megs. This PC only has 1 gig of memory, so that large footprint slows my computer down significantly. I do have a lot of extensions, all of which I use to some degree or another, but I don't see how those would total 450 megs of memory. Could this version have a memory leak, or is this all just extensions? If it is extensions, is there any way to see what extensions are gobbling up the most memory? Attached is a screenshot of the extensions I have running. Thanks.

Beatnik

Re: Firefox taking up 450 megs of memory?

Does it stay consistent or is the memory usage less when you first start FF?
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Memory_Leak
      A link on that page leads to problematic extensions and notes IE tab having a leak issue. That would be in addition to whatever help the page itself offers.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Ok yeah it starts out at 50 megs, which is much more inline with what I expected.

Thanks for that link, Poker. I'll remove IE Tab (that was a copied over extension from a FEBE backup from my home PC) and see if that helps, since I don't even need that at work.
        Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X