can i block google from my web site?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i block google from my web site?

Is there a way to block google from using my web site stuff in there search results? The reason I ask is that all the bandwidth and my stats go back to google...when I really just want my stuff for my fellow gamers at select web sites and of course other family and friends...

just wondering.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: can i block google from my web site?

hmm. Interesting question... I would think there would be ways to decrease the chance that you came up in a search... some clarification to what stats you are refering to and what exactly it is you're trying to accomplish would be helpful.. though I don't know if I would have an answer, but i might. Provide a few more details.
    |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Comment

I think the Google bot respects robots.txt.
      Last edited by ednos; 08-04-2007, 11:04 PM. Reason: Bad information corrected.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

well on my stat page it tells me what files, videos, pictures are most popular, the site that had the interest along with the thread of intrest... a good tool to see whats popular, whats not, so I can upload new stuff of intrest... it use to be almost exclusively from threads here at TG and SimHQ, along with a few other forums I participate in... now it's all google.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robots_Exclusion_Standard has information about how to keep Google and other spiders from indexing your site; as far as blocking Google users, you'll have to filter by the referrer field. This could be simple or difficult depending on the stuff you use to run the server.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X