Video Card Manufacturers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card Manufacturers

Does anyone have a preference? What is the difference between say, an EVGA 8800 GTX and a BFG 8800 GTX. 'Cause when I look at the prices for the two (BFG vs. EVGA, BFG even has a slight overclock!), there is only one logical choice. Discuss.

Re: Video Card Manufacturers

Customer Support, Service, General Stock Clocks, Warranty and the sticker/heat sink are all your looking at when it comes to new GFX cards. EVGA has really good customer service, its a bunch of guys in California that have a great sense of humor. If anything goes wrong their first to jump on fixing the issue.

I've dealt with 5 of the Main nvidia based Graphics suppliers.

XFX - Bought first graphics card they sold, Geforce 6800, their support was on par, and their warranty was upgraded free to a double lifetime warranty once they started using it, aka best warranty available.

EVGA - Dealt with them on my motherboard and gfx card, i've called a good 10 times in the last few weeks, and I must admit, the last time was just screwing around since those guys are so cool. And in those 10 times i only spoke with 3 different people, I'd call up and be like "Oh hey, i spoke with you yesterday about blah blah blah" and they'd be like, "oh hey your motherboard is blah blah blah, hows it out in AZ?"

BFG - Their video cards are built like a tank, or at least from what i can tell with my FX-5500, i never had a single issue with it, so i never had to call customer support. Though i have heard a lot of good things about them.

Leadtek - Awesome support, not funny and personal like EVGA guys are, but always on the ball, I think these guys really know what their talking about and not reading for a computer screen...

Asus - Its asus, should I say more? Their graphics line is just as good as the motherboard line.

Just pick in your price range, style, and stock clocks. A few more Mhz in the clock speed can yeild anywhere from 5% up to 30% improvement according to some internet benchmark reviews i've been reading.
    Oyee

Comment

I really like XFX's stuff. Every nVidia card I've owned since my 6800GT has been from XFX, except my Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB and eVGA 8800GTX KO ACS3 cards. I sent two eVGA cards back to the store as both were faulty (one from a manufacturing error, the other due to a fan speed fault).

Haven't tried many other brands, but I've heard that GFX cards from Asus, BFG, Leadtek and Foxconn (to some degree) are very reliable. Not sure about Club3D, Point of View, Gainward, or any other brand though.
      “The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane”.

Comment

I have used BFG for the last couple sets of my cards, due to the stock overclocking speeds are higher out of the box. That being said, they are a pain in the but to deal with as far as customer support and returns, even thought they have great warranty normally. I have a EVGA board and I agree with what BlackViper said, they are awesome. Plus thay are running a "step up" program where you can trade up when newer techonogies come out.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

XFX and BFG have never faltered in service or reliability for me.
          Skud

Comment

Last I looked XFX is the only one that offers a double lifetime warranty (i.e. not just the original owner but anyone who buys the card from that original owner is covered).

Having said that EVGA seems to be the best all-around one.

Comment

My eVGA card has had zero problems so far in the 5 months I've had it or longer. It's been great. Its too bad I missed the step-up window though, didn't have the funds to upgrade. Thats one of their best features to by the way.

Comment

eVGA all the way because;

Tech support knows what they're doing, are nice, and funny.

Warranty is amazing. they are the only company that covers Overclocking and changing of heat sinks BOTH in their warranty

Step up program

good community in the forums - great product line

thumbs up to eVGA

Comment

I had a BFG card once and I have to say I loved that card, no problems from it at all. I will not say i won't go with another manufacturer though. Probably will try eVGA cause that warranty sounds good to me, especially since most cards I get end up getting the biggest fan I can buy put on it.
                  ATI (manufacturer of card I have now) IMO blows. I have had to get 3 cards RMA'ed and I still have issues with the card I have ATM. Their tech support is not the greatest, last problem I had I ended up figuring my problem out with a little help from an online buddy who is a computer guru. Also they claimed that all my problems with the card is strictly from the MB I am using due to the Northbridge chipset.
                  ATI will no longer get any of my buisiness. Back to Nvidia after this card and really don't care about the manufacturer as long as the card is good and reliable, only way I will worry about the manufacturer is if the card is not good and then got to deal with them either trying to give me tech help or getting a card RMA'ed.

Comment

EVGA has the best tech support, you call them and there right on the ball... Plus they have most of the weird varietys

Comment

I'll second stickyjeans' post...and the rest of the EVGA supporters.

It's a huge indication of EVGA's faith in their product to warranty overclocking on their cards. This has won them my business.

Comment

I think EVGA changed their RMA policy. The customer has to pay for shipping the card back. It used to be EVGA that paid for shipping both ways but I believe it changed when the 7900's had the capacitor problems. EVGA had to pay for all the shipping and decided it cost too much after that fiasco.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

honestly, Either way Sarc. eVGA gives so many benefits to their customers. are such a friendly team and company. and make the process of owning a Video card that did not come with your PC, Generally(keyword) very pleasing. paying shipping or not on an RMA could be less of an issue to me then anything However, i think it should be noted;

I bought an eVGA 680i when it was first out. great board i still have my original their Company went out on a LIMB for its Quad Core(plus just about anyone in general) who wanted the latest Board revision that increased the ability to OVERCLOCK not function but OVERCLOCK Intel Quad Core processors. tells me that this company knows its snuff, believes in its customers and for it they have dedicated customers like me :).

(cross shipping etc. payed by eVGA board revision payed by eVGA. just tell them you want a new one and WHAM few days later on your doorstep a shipping label - Package send wait a bit open mail - latest revision board of the 680i chipset from eVGA all at the expense of eVGA. I <3 them for that. =)

Comment

Well, I didn't mean for my post to discredit EVGA. I forgot to clarify that the capacitor problem was common with all brands. I only mentioned it in case Chopstick felt that free shipping for the RMA process was important. In fact, I don't even know if the policy is different for Canadian customers. Shipping will have to be to a US location. Although, I don't know the policy for other companies so I guess it's quite useless to bring the topic up in the first place.

Personally, I have a EVGA 7900GT. It's a great card and has served me well for the past year. I bought it because it was the cheapest brand of all of them and has similar warranty features as the others.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X