checkbook software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checkbook software

anybody know a good one? Just want something simple and easy to use.

thanks!

Re: checkbook software

Originally posted by _Ender_
    anybody know a good one? Just want something simple and easy to use.

thanks!
    Actually, I've recently been looking into this. I figured I'd just get Quicken or MS Money, but after doing a bit of research I've found that I don't need 95% of what those programs offer. I don't have a stock portfolio, don't have any other investments, don't yet have any tax breaks to worry about. I just need to balance my checking account and set aside some savings.

The best solution I've found so far? Bank of America OR Wells Fargo Online Banking. Do it all right there. BofA has free online bill payments as well.

There may be other banks that offer online banking that will work, but I just had horrible experiences with two of my local bank's online banking and I know that these two banks are nationwide, have a branch near me, and have a pretty nice online interface.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've used MS Money and Quickbooks and both are a full time job to implement and keep accurate. Link Cing said if you aren't running a business or tracking diverse loans and investments you don't need 'em.

I've also used Wells Fargo online for several years and I absolutely love it. You can download your statement in an excel file and do your own spreadsheets which is way easier to track as a budget than Money or Quickbooks and it's free.
      New to TG?

Comment

bbandt.com has these options, and the ability to dl your acount to ms money or quicken. has online bill pay, and is also nationwide. there are small fees for bill pay and money/quicken dl, but it is a monthly fee of like 3.95 or something.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I will look into my bank offering online checking crap... thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
            I will look into my bank offering online checking crap... thanks guys!
            I just want to re-emphesize that I just had horrible experiences with two different local banks and their online banking. I'd stick with the two big ones: BofA or WellsFargo. I don't know how big your town is, but they're bound to have a branch or at the very least a few ATMs nearby...
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

BBandT is nationwide, so is First union, CNB, ETC. I dont have a wells around here at all, so I think he might need more than those 2 options. even a statewide bank wouldnt hurt, if he does enough research. and the nationwide ones can beMORE heartless, because afterall, whats your pidly 1000.00 account worth to a multi-billion dollar bank. want to leave? bye. sorry about your luck.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                BBandT is nationwide, so is First union, CNB, ETC. I dont have a wells around here at all, so I think he might need more than those 2 options. even a statewide bank wouldnt hurt, if he does enough research. and the nationwide ones can beMORE heartless, because afterall, whats your pidly 1000.00 account worth to a multi-billion dollar bank. want to leave? bye. sorry about your luck.
                Yeah, good point. Even the nationwide banks are missing from some cities... My point was that the nationwide banks are more likely to have better software for their online banking. Their rates will be more competitive as well, but their level of service will indeed be more cutthroat because of their size. The two banks that I now hate have always provided great service in their branchs, but they don't have a clue about how to implement their online banking (which is through a third party that provides online banking setups to lots of small banks).
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I'm still using Quicken 2001. I don't track anything besides checking and savings but it does allow me to plan a month in advance. I can tell you today what affect a purchase will have on my balance a month from now after factoring in my bills. Allows for quite a bit of freedom. I've yet to see an online banking app that was little more than a digital statement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X