DVD Buying Help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Buying Help?

Ok first off guys I havent disapeared Just collecting all the Instant Live Shows of this years KISS Tour :-)))))

My question is I'm gonna be buying a new HD for Storage and a New DVD Burner for Backups...

The DVD Burner I'm Looking at is a I|O Magic 12x Data 8X DVD and 40x Read is this a good drive? $129 at Staples.
    The Hard Drive I'm Looking at is a Western Digital Or Samsung 180gbs 8MB Cache 7200RPM..... No Price on this yet???

Are these good chioces???? Any Imput you can offer would be great.......

Re: DVD Buying Help?

lite on makes dvd burners that are top notch, and are generally cheaper than the competion. I would go western digital for the drive, but spend a little extra and go with a 10,000 rpm, sata 8 meg cache model..... check out newegg.com for these guys, the price is comperable if not lower, plus, unles you live in jersey, tn, or cali, there is no tax.. (I had to get a tax exempt form from there... I couldnt live withoug my newegg.)
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

For the hard drive, you don't need a fast (i.e. 10000 rpm) drive for media storage. You want something reliable (good brand) and 7200rpms should be sufficient. If you're keeping it on the HD, then look for something larger than 180 GB because that will fill up fast if you capture at DVD quality.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Not sure how long this deal will last, but here's a pretty decent deal ($130) on a 250GB L01P250 Ultra Series 7200RPM 8MB Buffer UATA133 - Retail Hard Drive Kit.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...