No announcement yet.

Swithcing headset to speaker question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swithcing headset to speaker question.

Normally a simple question, how would I go about making it easy to switch from Headset (normal) to speakers (rarely). The issue is I am thinking about getting the Razer setup...

soundcard

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?m...products_id=41

Headset

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?m...products_id=38

Any ideas? I need answers quick though. Deal falls through in a day and this is the only thing that is not making me jump all over it.

Re: Swithcing headset to speaker question.

Best I have been able to come up with so far is a cheap USB sound card to power the speakers when I am wathcing movies with the missus

Comment

A mixer would do the job but you might be able to find some sound switches or some sort that might be cheaper than a mixer. You could also get splitters and turn the speakers off when you're using the headset (turn the headset down).

What kind of deal are you getting? These things are expensive. I'd never even consider buying it unless it was ~$50.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

it really depends on what kind of speaker setup you have. if you have a 5.1 setup, then you're going to need something special. if you have one-plug speaker setup, then theres a switch you can buy at office depot. you plug your speakers and headphones into it and can switch back and forth on a whim.
        Matter of fact, i found it for you.
        http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...g=true&An=text
        Other than that, dont know of any other solutions that you have available.

Comment

Since the headset is 5.1 and the switch is $15, I'd recommend a few splitters from the dollar store.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well I got it. Final price was just under $200, no taxes or delivery. So it is kinda like getting the headset for free.
            So next week i should have this sucker up and running, from the reviews I have read this is simply an amazing sound setup for gaming.

The switchers won't work well because I want to use the Razer propreitary plug. So I will be getting a cheap USB sound card for the speakers.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Sorry I am a bit late to the party here but here is what I use as a solution for headphones and speakers KINYO 5.1
              The amp has both a rear output for any 5.1 speaker and also 2 front headphone jacks. The headphone jacks are proprietary to the amp and headphone combo but the headphones for the money sound great. Currently available for $30.
              |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

I am a proud former IRRegular!

Comment

I use my front jacks for my headphones, and my rear jacks for my 5.1 (cheap 75$ logitech) speakers. I get audio from both at the same time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X