wireless keyboard/mouse suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless keyboard/mouse suggestions

I hooked up my pc to my plasma tv so I can be even more of a couch potato. Now I need a good WIRELESS keyboard/mouse. I've been using an MX518 so I'm use to two buttons on my thumb and changing my mouse sensitivity on the fly. Anything in a wireless combo that would get me close to that? I've read some other older posts on this topic....so wanted some more up to date info.

Bought a Logitech MX3200 combo and it looked decent. Couldn't try it though...it was DOA. The keyboard layout would have taken some getting use to.

thanks for any input

Re: wireless keyboard/mouse suggestions

Keyboard=Logitech G15

Mouse=Logitech G7

'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
      Keyboard=Logitech G15

Mouse=Logitech G7

'nuff said
      They aren't wireless.

'nuff said

Well, not yet because I have to add in that the Logitech MX3200 is probably adequate. Get UberOptions for your mouse and I think you can set on-the-fly sensitivity changes.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Or:

Microsoft Bluetooth Elite Keyboard and Mouse Combo

Logitech MX3200 Keyboard and a Logitech G7 Mouse (wireless)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Logitech G7...none better for the dough

Logi mx 3200 is great, but I use the Zboard even more....
          sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

If I were going to buy a cordless keyboard and mouse combo, I'd get the Cordless Desktop MX5000 Laser.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              If I were going to buy a cordless keyboard and mouse combo, I'd get the Cordless Desktop MX5000 Laser.
              I'd agree. The main thing with a laser mouse is that it works better on any surface including glass. I've had hands on experience with the MX5000 and I think it's a great mouse.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

A laser mouse can't track on a translucent/transparent glass surface. I can't verify if it might have trouble on tinted glass or reflective surfaces, since I can't find any such surfaces near my computer.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

NONE, I have not seen a wireless KB/mouse yet worth getting. Unless your intentions are NOT for playing any games except solitaire?? Wireless KB's always seem to have that millisecond delay that gets you killed and the same with most wireless mice. Although my choice for wireless mouse would the G7 which I do have but had wished I got a G5 instead, I do notice that slight delay when playing.
                  Also, laser mice do good on frosted glass, not sure but read that clear glass does not offer the reflection needed?!?! I have used frosted glass and worked great with my G7, I am now looking to buy a frosted glass mouse pad and then have my computer desk cut so the mouse pad will be able to set in the top of the desk so the whole desktop is still pretty smooth. I tend to go off the peice od frosted glass I use now and the one I was looking at buying is almost twice the size so should have no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                    NONE, I have not seen a wireless KB/mouse yet worth getting. Unless your intentions are NOT for playing any games except solitaire?? Wireless KB's always seem to have that millisecond delay that gets you killed and the same with most wireless mice. Although my choice for wireless mouse would the G7 which I do have but had wished I got a G5 instead, I do notice that slight delay when playing.
                    No, you only imagine that you notice that slight delay. The hardware is definitely more responsive than any human being is able to notice...

Unless you're referring to the battery saving mode. If you don't move your mouse for twenty seconds or so, it turns itself off to conserve batteries, and then takes a split second to turn back on. I don't see that being an issue during gaming, though.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

There might be a half second delay if the G7 has to switch multiple frequencies so that other 2.4 GHz wireless devices (cordless handset, wi-fi, etc.) doesn't interfer with it. It's usually a good thing to keep other 2.4 wireless devices away from the receiver/mouse.

The only times I've experienced a delay in mouse response is when my CPU clocks in at 65C.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X