Video software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video software

Hey all, I have a lot of different videos that are different file types (.vob, .mpeg, .m4v, svcd, etc.) is there a free (or very inexpensive) player or codec pack out there that will allow me to view all of those different files or allow me to convert them to 1 file type? I am just tired of having to use different players to view the videos. TIA in advance for any advice. :)
    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Re: Video software

Might try VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). It's a player, not a conversion utility, but I think it supports pretty much all of those formats. And the best part, it's free.

Comment

VLC is your best bet. I don't really like the interface though but it supports pretty much anything without having to install extra stuff.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I hate VLC with a passion - especially when you start watching things that have a sub file (.ass) and the like. Consider CCCP codec pack if you don't want to download individual codecs or perhaps KMPlayer which I've heard to have less issues than VLC. Of course, this may not apply to you.

Comment

K-lite Mega codec pack

play EVERYTHING in MP classic or any other player you have.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
            VLC is your best bet. I don't really like the interface though but it supports pretty much anything without having to install extra stuff.
            I am using VLC per your suggestion and it works pretty well. I do have to agree that the interface is the dog's butt though. lol

"K-lite Mega codec pack

play EVERYTHING in MP classic or any other player you have."

I will try this one next. Thx for the advice guys :)
            |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
            I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

I don't like using MP classic either. It's just like... MP... from the old days. :D

The good thing is K-lite is simple to install. Then just about any other media player you use will be able to decode almost any video format. I personally like using ZoomPlayer (a really old v3, not the new v4) just for interface preferences. BSPlayer is pretty decent too but there are plenty others to choose. Sometimes you might get issues with codecs and you'll have to get the latest pack. With VLC, you just download the new version without worry about the latest pack messing up settings.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

what is free and plays the BR files from BF2 ????

never messed with them but wana watch parts of our scrim sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Cappy View Post
                  what is free and plays the BR files from BF2 ????

never messed with them but wana watch parts of our scrim sunday.
                  you can play them from inside BF2
                  or battledirector is good aswell (from Sir.Community)

Comment

rgr bro,, ty

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse