Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software like QuickSilver or SlickRun for Linux?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software like QuickSilver or SlickRun for Linux?

Any sort of nifty app launches like that? On my Windows and Osx box I am spoiled by these two apps.

Az
    [age-c1][command]

Re: Software like QuickSilver or SlickRun for Linux?

Could you describe or link these applications?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/
      http://docs.blacktree.com/quicksilve...is_quicksilver

Essentielly with either app, I hit Win+Q (slickrun) or Function+Spacebar (Quicksilver)
      With Slickrun I have setup any number of keyword commands, such as note for notepad2, sql for sql management studio, vs for visual studio and so on. I no longer have to futz around with the mouse, or start menu or icons. I just type and boom it happens.

Quicksilver is actually a bit more elegant in that I just start typing in the app I want and it displays the most likely candidate. IE I hit the hotkeys and start typing Ad and adium pops up. Or op and opera pops up.

Basically I want a streamlined, keyboard app launcher ;)

Thanks
      [age-c1][command]

Comment

http://lifehacker.com/software/windo...box-190302.php

I thought there was something similar you could do with Win-R (Run dialog). No need to install an app.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Hi
          Originally posted by AzrealDarkmoon View Post
          Any sort of nifty app launches like that? On my Windows and Osx box I am spoiled by these two apps.

Az
          If you use KDE, katapult is the app you are looking for (there's also a patched version floating around - quite usable if you are into compiz-fusion eye-candy).

n9

Comment

Well, you can bind a key to open xterm and just type the commands. That's how I've been using my computer for years. You can alias shorter commands in your ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile if you need to.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X