Steam Support: Turn-around Time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Support: Turn-around Time?

All right, so I ended up buying the Doom 3 Pack for my account on Steam as well as my brother's. At the time of both purchases, I had no clue that Steam had a special process if you wanted to purchase multiple games on the same credit/debit card. So now, I, nor my brother, are able to play Doom 3 because Steam might have marked it as "fraud". So I've basically sat here the entire day waiting for a response, but have gotten nothing except an auto-scripted response.

Now here are my question(s): What is their turn around time to answer a support question (through their "interactive" support service (if anyone knows)? And for those who have dealt with their support, any issues or problems I should be aware of?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Steam Support: Turn-around Time?

i have had to deal with it a few times and i usually figure it out before steam support gets back to me. Usually ive notice about a week, sometimes 2.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

A week to two?! Good god man!

Great, I spend $60, and I need to wait half a month for a response to "hopefully" get this issue resolved.

Is there some number or a faster way of getting a response from Steam or getting my issue resolved faster?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        A week to two?! Good god man!

Great, I spend $60, and I need to wait half a month for a response to "hopefully" get this issue resolved.

Is there some number or a faster way of getting a response from Steam or getting my issue resolved faster?
        Call your credit card company, tell them you were charged for a product that was never delivered--which is fraud--and they will credit you. Then it's up to the Steam folks to deal with it.
        Twisted Firestarter
        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
        sigpic

Comment

I have the product downloaded already. I just can't play it. And either way I want the product.

I guess I'll wait. Thanks for the help Troop and Twisted. :)
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've yet to see any real advantage to purchasing through Steam. The prices aren't any lower (sometimes they do a special when releasing the game) and I love my manuals :).

Comment

You don't have to install the cd everytime you play the game is one advantage. I like that and will continue to buy games through them. I wasn't going to like Steam until I got it and started using it, now I like it.
              The Old Guy
              kin3
              sigpic

Comment

I just bought Bioshock over Steam. It did take longer than actually going to the store and buying it but I got to sleep while it downloaded. Plus, the install is a lot faster with Steam. The data is already on your drive so it's faster than copying files from a DVD.

It was also cheaper too. $44.95 USD or $59.99 CAD... I went with the US purchase since the Canadian dollar is so strong.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well the issues have been resolved (yesterday). I still have not gotten any response from Steam. So I presume they fixed it and didn't even bother to inform me of it. Oh well. Happy camper once again. :D

Steam actually have very competitive prices. Or at least for the games I've bought through them. I like being able to redownload the games at any time. I don't have to worry about crushed/ruined CD/DVDs or lost ones. Plus I don't have to pay for shipping or wait for it to be shipped.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X