crackling speakers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crackling speakers...

I have soundblaster 5.1 speakers (dont know the exact brand but the cost me about $100 2-3 yrs ago) and up until theyve been workin great for almost 2-3 years...recently theyve been crackin and popping. Not bad but enough to notice. Its not volume regulated, meaning its the same no matter what my volume is. I tried dusting off my card to no avail, also updated drivers. I have an x-fi extreme music. Is this a sign that my speakers are going? Ive been crashin a lot recently with different games and right before it crashes, i get bad poppin and sometimes screeching. Therefore i assume it has something to do with the speaker/sound card. If its bad speakers, ill just get new ones....figured id throw it out there, maybe someone knows more than i do

4800X2
    2 gigs
    8800ultra
    vista 32bit
    latest drivers

Re: crackling speakers...

Hrmm.. I'm not sure it would be speakers. But try a headset for a little bit and you can at least rule out the speakers. Then maybe a driver roll-back - Unless it did it before you updated the drivers.
    sigpic

Comment

The screeching is the X-Fi. I never had it when I used XP but some did. I get it a few times a week at random times in Vista 32-bit Business. A few times it's been in game, a few times it's been watching something on youTube. I haven't crashed because of it though.

You may want to try the YouPax drivers. It's been talked about all over the Creative forums. It lets you use all the software that used to work in XP and is possibly more stable.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

cool thanx guys...ill try the headphones for a while and see how that works.

Comment

I've had the experience Sarc is talking about but with a SB Live.. I haven't had anything but the usual issues since X-Fi - And I am on Vista64 Home Prem.
          sigpic

Comment

See if you can adjust the buffer size and or latency for the sound card, take two of these,

[img url=http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:oeC5yaI2qt8TwM:http://ppdl.org/dd/images/centipede.jpeg]

and call me in the morning.

Comment

Hmm, is the sreeching/crackling just associated with only the X-Fi or does it apply as well for older Audigy cards? I'm asking because Snail situation sounds just like mines, except I have a Audigy LS and Logitech speakers (5.1).
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I think it applies to all Creative cards. They're not really the best with their drivers.

Comment

well, i think i narrowed it down to the card going out. Now my mic is breaking up. I tried dusting it off which seemed to make it worse. Oh well...im building a new rig and getting a new card so hopefully this will be a thing of the past *crosses fingers*

Comment

A new rig? It looks like you have a pretty decent system there besides the processor.

Try out onboard audio too. It may get you by until you can get a new sound card.

Comment

well im keepin the vid card and psu. I need a new proc which means new mobo and ram. Im pretty sure my onboard would work, but im just using this as a reason to upgrade...i was gonna do it sooner or later anyway.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X