Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best surface for a laser mouse.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best surface for a laser mouse.

More specifically, whats the best surface for the Saitek gm3200, the cursor tends to skip around like mad on the mouse mat that was fine for standard optical mouse.

Any tips?

Re: Whats the best surface for a laser mouse.

Matte black. Nothing reflective.

Comment

Just tried it using my wacom tablet as a surface, no jumpy cursor, shame its too small really though, but atleast I know what to look out for, thanks.

Comment

Wacom tablet surfaces are pretty good. You can find similar gaming mouse pads that have probably been tested with laser mice. I'd pick something plastic and smooth with colour so the mouse can detect the surface. I find that cloth surfaces are a bit rough and doesn't allow the mouse to slide as fast. A solid colour should provide an even surface for the mouse to detect.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

This looks fairly promising, also I can go into town to get it as I checked my local maplins and they have them instock.

http://www.allsop.com/mouse-pads/pc-...art-mouse-pad/

One thing I can say for this mouse, 3200dpi is overkill and way to fast, I was just finding 1600dpi to fast in game, though hopefully a decent mat will help.

Comment

I'm using an IceMat 2nd Edition with my MX Revolution, and it works great.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Just ordered an IceMat myself. Had been using my desk for almost a year now and finally couldn't stand it anymore. My mouse is optical, but for laser mouses, the IceMat won't work with them, unless you upgrade their firmware, then they are fine.

Comment

Plain black mousepad, 5 bucks. It's kind of squishy and has a semi-rough surface, but it might as well be greasy glass the way my G7 moves across it.

I think this is the only time I've spent $4.99 for a computer accessory and felt good about the purchase. :icon_cool

Comment

My G5 rolls around on a Spongebob Squarepants mousepad from Target. It says "Aloha".
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I've never had a problem moving my mouse across any surface. The problem I have is stopping it when aimed at people's heads. Which surface will help me get head shots?
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                      I've never had a problem moving my mouse across any surface. The problem I have is stopping it when aimed at people's heads. Which surface will help me get head shots?
                      That would be the Royal Hack for Counter Strike mouse surface. :icon20:

Comment

Razer ExactMat for me. I love it and it should last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by G--Man
                          Is $40 the going rate and is it really that good???
                          It's $30 at Newegg ($25 for black). It works fine, and the mouse really glides quite nicely (I can gently flick my mouse and it'll slide all the way across my mouse pad), but I'm not sure that it's really worth $30.

See if this link works: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...74&name=iCEMAT
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                            I'm using an IceMat 2nd Edition with my MX Revolution, and it works great.
                            same pad, same mouse.. love it love it, no problems whatsoever