PC gamers, what do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC gamers, what do you use?

I'm regularly a console gamer and have never played games much on a PC except for the old Doom. Well, I think imma change that and was looking at getting Bioshock for my PC seeing how I don't have the XBOX 360 yet.

Anyways, I'm wondering what to use for a controller on a PC. Do you all just use the mouse and keyboard? or do you use game joysticks, or what? Do you have some links to some of the items you use?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Re: PC gamers, what do you use?

I think most PC gamers use the keyboard and mouse combo or some variant. Some use special controllers like a Wolfking or N52 Speedpad but they're essentially keyboards with layouts suited for gaming (ie. lots of buttons near your fingers).

The advantage that everybody likes with the PC is basic point and shoot. It's very intuitive and accurate compared to a thumbstick. Although, console games tend to have auto-aim or sticky aim to make up for the difficulty in aiming with a game pad. Search for Magnum's comparison of the 360 controller vs. keyboard/mouse in R6: Vegas. It's somewhere in these forums.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Mice are great for FPS games, I dont know how people can manage FPS on a console.

Comment

both controllers and keyboards/mice have a place in PCs, and if you run any emulators on your PC, then its much nicer to have a controller. I personally have a wireless X360 controller, it works for both the console and PC (USB)
        "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

Originally posted by PrivatePyle1974 View Post
          Mice are great for FPS games, I dont know how people can manage FPS on a console.
          They can't. That's why console FPS games have auto-aim, not as an option but built-in. ;)

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If you play Resident Evil 4 or the New Pirates of the Carribean game, you have no choice. There is no option to use the mouse.

Comment

I have a steering wheel and peddles for racing games and I use a mouse and keyboard for everything else. I have been thinking about getting madden 08 and for that I will probably buy a 360 controller.

Comment

I'm a dedicated mouse-and-keyboard gamer, but I'm experimenting with a joystick for movement. Note that this doesn't work if you don't have an ambidextrous or left-handed joystick.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Mouse and Keyboard.

I'm not bad with a thumbstick, but hate aiming with it (auto/stick-aim or not).
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I use a mouse and keyboard, though I wish I had the $150 for a Ergodex gaming pad, as my current keyboard and most keyboards I've used are too cramped for me.
                    The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
                    ----
                    Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Comment

I used the mouse and an N52 keypad. I really like the N52
                      The Old Guy
                      kin3
                      sigpic

Comment

If you have your xbox 360 controller for bioshock, there shouldn't be a problem..

Comment

I only use a gamepad (I have a USB adapter for my DualShock PS2 controller) for racing games and for my various console emulators. Otherwise, I use a joystick for flight sims and a mouse and KB for everything else.
                          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X