Ugh, i need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, i need help!

I have recently gotten a couple viruses, spyware, all that crap from downloading stuff and my programs couldnt find it, so i popped in my restart disk, and i reinstalled Windows (my mom's friend helped me get my new comp going so i didnt know how to do it, but i wanted to try for myself) but for some reason, my C drive still has everything on it, but not my F drive, is that normal? I dont know how to explain this but, i just wanted to remove EVERYTHING off my comp, only F drive is completely clean, how do i remove everything off drive C? im really confused and i need help, if anyone can give me some kind of guidance, that would be nice. thanks.

P.S if im not being clear enough, tell me ill try to explain everything i did better.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Ugh, i need help!

My advice would be to toss a free and functional program called DBAN(Google it ) on a cd or floppy, set your PC to boot up with that as the boot device(It's easy to set it, it's in the BIOS. Reference your motherboard manual for the exact keystroke required to access during boot-up ) , and it'll wipe all your connected drives to DoD standard. Then, it's just an easy matter of reinstalling your OS, then drivers and all your personal stuff. If you're using XP, make sure the install CD is SP2 if your components require it. Also, if your PC came with your OS pre-installed, that may give you trouble.
    Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

no my PC didnt come OS installed, so ill try that out, thank you! ill post if i get it going, im honestly retarded when it comes to this stuff, so ill print what u said out and ill folow it carefully lol. thanks again
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

DBAN is overkill and will take longer to reinstall since it has to perform an extra step. Insert your Windows setup disc and it has the necessary tools to format your PC. It sounds like the first time you did the reinstall, you didn't reinstall anything or performed the reinstall on the incorrect drive.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

mm ok

Comment

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=1435&page=2

You can always google for proper instructions. This seems like a pretty good guide on the exact steps to installing Windows from inserting the setup CD to setting up user accounts. It'll include how to format your drives.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X