Help with new Nvidia drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with new Nvidia drivers

I just installed the 6177 drivers, and it changed my windows registry, I no longer have the "coolbits" dword value that allowed me to change the card timing. I added the value back, but it didn't unlock the option as it had before...anyone know if there is still the option to manually override the original clock settings after installing these drivers ?

TIA!

phil

Re: Help with new Nvidia drivers

maybe its disabled in this set? i dunno, i heard that some other nvidia drivers do this. Most dont however.....

wouldnt rivatuner fix things?
    From Adam Webb

Comment

heyyyyyyyy E!
      From Adam Webb

Comment

wow...2 strangers in here !!!!!

I'll look into the "powerstrip" thingy....

E...check yer e-mail !

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
          Sup ma nigga, I missed you. How was the trip?

been back ages, just didnt feel like posting here............... :icon16:

greece was great....winning euro 2004 football tourny was great :icon_cool
          From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
            I just installed the 6177 drivers, and it changed my windows registry, I no longer have the "coolbits" dword value that allowed me to change the card timing. I added the value back, but it didn't unlock the option as it had before...anyone know if there is still the option to manually override the original clock settings after installing these drivers ?
            I recently installed the 6177 drivers. Yes, it does remove the coolbits registry setting... but I just re-added the coolbits setting. It opened up the overclocking capabilities again. So, I guess I'm saying the coolbits registry setting should work...

What did you do to reinstall coolbits? Manually edit the registry or "run" the coolbits registry file?
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
              What did you do to reinstall coolbits? Manually edit the registry or "run" the coolbits registry file?
              Manually added the dword, and dword value of "3"....I didn't realize there was a "program" that did it...always set it in there manually before....

Thanks...I'll look into that :)

Comment

Coolbits Registry Hack

This really isn't a file you "install". It's a registry file that when double-clicked in windows, it will update the registry for you.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                  Coolbits Registry Hack

This really isn't a file you "install". It's a registry file that when double-clicked in windows, it will update the registry for you.
                  Thanks asch :) My registry doesn't look any different...but it now works....thats all that matters :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X