Sending an e-mail with video attachment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending an e-mail with video attachment

I bought a new digital camera and want to send some videos to friends and family.

Most of the videos are not very large about 17-20MB (I don't believe that is a large file).

Is there a way I can compress the video (Zip?) so I send? My provider (AOL, Yahoo) is not letting me send the e-mail as I can't send something more than 16MB.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Sending an e-mail with video attachment

You can use WinZip, or WinRaR. XP has a built in Zip feature as well. Although, they don't really do well with compressing smaller files down to much, maybe by 1-2mb's.

Comment

Why not just upload the files somewhere and then email them the links for them to download?

Comment

If a zip doesn't compress the videos much (which it probably won't), you can use a program such as Virtualdub ( http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/ ) to encode the video file into something like xvid or divx (which are codecs you may also have to download) which may make the filesize smaller.

Also like someone else said, you should probably find a location to host the files, as this would allow you to just send links to people rather then sending the file several times.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Polska View Post
          If a zip doesn't compress the videos much (which it probably won't), you can use a program such as Virtualdub ( http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/ ) to encode the video file into something like xvid or divx (which are codecs you may also have to download) which may make the filesize smaller.

Also like someone else said, you should probably find a location to host the files, as this would allow you to just send links to people rather then sending the file several times.
          Thanks. How would I create a location to host the files?
          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
          - Check me out on The Onion
          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

http://www.yousendit.com/ I think this site is still free to use, started off being 1GB, now its 100mb.

Comment

Can you not use your own webspace here at TG, provided these are not huge video files that consume much bandwidth?

Comment

I've got 300GB space on my hosting domain too. I could help as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X