Spybot Search and Destroy question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spybot Search and Destroy question

I have been using Spybot for quite a few years now and tonight after doing some routine maintenance and doing an immunization I noticed the feature that says

Allow permanent blocking for bad addresses in Internet Explorer

Does this mean that Spybot only blocks those immunizations in IE and does not block them in Firefox?
    sigpic

Re: Spybot Search and Destroy question

Nope only in IE... Spybot is very old and still haven't caught up with the times Interface wise and browser support, but it still finds the bad cookies...

Comment

Thanks for the info VegaBond. Does anyone know of a program similar to Spybot that does have this type of support for Firefox?
      sigpic

Comment

How about using FF extensions/addons ?

NoScript

and

Adblock

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

You can try other forms of blocking via HOSTS file for example. There are several HOSTS files available on the internet but make sure they are from "trusted" sources. To be honest, I thought Spybot also added things to the hosts file but I suppose I was mistaken and instead it keeps with the block lists inside of IE. Try Spywareblaster which offers the similar immunization routines.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X