MP3 players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 players

I know that we just had a discussion for H-Hour, but I'm looking for something a bit different than what he was looking for...

I just found out about the MuVo TX FM and I think I've finally decided to get an mp3 player... This has a lot of features that I want, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any similar products that may be cheaper?

Features that I really like:
    Its light weight.
    Its capacity-256M
    The fact that it also serves as a USB data drive.
    Its built in microphone to do voice recordings (will come in handy at work).
    Since it uses flash memory, there's nothing to "jog" when jogging like an Ipod.

Features that are nice, but that I'm willing to forsake for cost reasons:
    FM tuner
    5 band equalizer

If you can think of other features that are cooler than the ones that this player has, share them! I've never really looked at anything other than the iPod, so I have no idea about what's out there.

If you know of a good buying guide, I'd be interested in that, too!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: MP3 players

I have a 128MB Muvo MP3 player with the screen. I love it... I LOVE IT! It plays awesomely, the battery lasts a long time (AAA Battery) and the equalizer is awesome. It also has many kewl features on it, like background light and how long you want it to stay on, idle time shutoff, can read folders, ect. I love it, and I feel you will too :)

It's also durable and it isnt that easy to break (an accedent... my muvo smashed up against a cell phone, and it broke the cell phones screen, while it barly scratched the muvo). It comes with 2 battery packs, or atleast mine did. I love it :)

Also, the smallness of it makes it easy to hide when your not supposed to have it *cough* class *cough* :P

Comment

Rio Forge 512MB Sport
      Rio Cali 256MB Sport

I currently have the Cali and love it. The Forge is their newest version (which wasn't available when I bought mine). The memory listed is built in. They both accept up to 1 GB through a memory card and have an FM tuner. I've never tried, but you're supposed to be able to use it to transfer files between machines... it however does not truely act like a USB drive.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I ended up getting the MuVo TX FM and it's tiny! I think I'm really gonna like it. I was surprised at how good the little earbud speakers sounded... Last time I put a pair of those things in my ears they sounded like crap. I guess good speakers are getting smaller and smaller... They weren't quite as good as I'd like, and I'm not sure how good they'll stay in my ear while I'm running, so I'm going to keep an eye out for better ones. Recommendations anyone?

I wasn't sure about the whole armband method of carrying it around, either, but it's really comfortable.

The specs say that this MP3 player has a freq range of 20-20kHz, but it doesn't sound like it goes that low... Again, I need to get some better earbuds to figure out whether it's the speakers or the player.

When the backlight on the display turns on, there's an annoying "hiss" in the speakers, too...

Overall, very pleased so far. MUCH higher quality than I was expecting.
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

You WILL love it!!!

Comment

how much are you willing to spend on earbuds? I can recommend a set for 550.00 plus the cost of the doctor to custom FIT!!! and TUNE!!!!! the HAND MADE!!!! earbuds to your ear. sounds like sydney opera house in a .2 ounce plastic ball.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I've got a pair of Bang & Olufsen headphones. I love them. Has better quality than any earbud headphone I've ever used. They are great for office use or while working out. They adjust around the year for a comfortable fit and have a short wire so it's not in the way. They are a bit pricey if you purchase from a Bang & Olufsen retail store... but with a little search online, you can find them for under $100. Of course they could be cheaper now... I bought them over a year ago.

I wouldn't suggest them for gaming, but music is perfect.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                I've got a pair of Bang & Olufsen headphones.
                I'm looking for a set that can go a bit lower than those. I'd like the freq. response to start around 10Hz... Do they even make earbuds that go that low? I see lots that specify 20Hz... I might just get another cheap pair that are more comfortable for right now.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X