Razer Barracuda Headsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Barracuda Headsets

Ok, so I went out and got a pair of these headsets. They sound awesome, but I am having some issues with the mic. Maybe it is just the way it is, but I think it has something do do with Vista. The mic is basically in whisper mode and really low when I try an use it. Anybody have any hints or advice?
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Razer Barracuda Headsets

i assume you made sure you mic volume is at the proper level? (right click speaker in tray, recording devices) I know i forgot to do that and was wondering why everyone said they couldnt hear me...

Comment

Yeah, the levels seem to be fine. The main issue is it is a uni-directional noise canceling mic. It does not want to play well with other. I may have to put it in time out.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I got the same headset.

I had the same problem as you did and got frustrated. I ended up buying this.

Its a great set-up and would recommend it to EVERYONE! The sound is ten times better, the mic is top-notch! As far as using your existing soundcard, I tried everything and still couldn't get the mic working to the level I wanted it.

I hope this helps:)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

im not too thrilled about a $300 sound card.... as for the mic, yours came with a mic? mine didnt... =( but i superglued a boom mic to my monitor and it works awsome, and no bothering with the headset mic, eating it and what not